What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by noiseredux »

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths is #7 in the DCUAO and I found it just kind of okay. It is the second Justice League movie in the loose series, but the first - New Frontier - was wayyyyy better than this one. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the whole "here's another dimension" thing. I mean there was some interesting details (I really felt like Owl Man and Super Woman looked a heck of a lot like Night Owl and Silk Specter... intentional?), but overall these kind of stories are just what-if's that feel like diversions to me. I also found the whole anti-JLA "Crime Syndicate" mobster tone kind of silly - especially those with powers being "Made Men." Eh. It wasn't terrible, though. So far in my chronological viewing of the series Batman: Gotham Knight remains the only one that I didn't care for. But this one would be low on the ranked list.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Back on Tuesday I celebrated Harry Potter's 38th birthday (he was born July 31, 1980) by rewatching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

And now I'm rewatching Jesus Christ Superstar: Live Arena Tour.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Yesterday I saw the original Jesus Christ Superstar. Amazing!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Return of the Living Dead 2.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

REPO Man wrote:And now I'm rewatching Jesus Christ Superstar: Live Arena Tour.

I didn't really like that one. The only one that sounds "right" to me is the original studio recording. Although, I've seen it once on Broadway and it was pretty bad ass.

Did you see Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert (NBC)? It came out just recently. It was the one that had Alice Cooper as King Herod. I saw it on Hulu. I rather liked Pontius Pilate in that one. Speaking of Pontius Pilate...

REPO Man wrote:Yesterday I saw the original Jesus Christ Superstar. Amazing!

The movie? Did you know that the guy that plays Pontius Pilate in this one is the dude from The Shining?

REPO Man wrote:Return of the Living Dead 2.

I just recently watched Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 and 3 for the first time and I think 2 was my favorite. Although 1 had some great moments. I think the part that made me laugh our loud the most was in 1. The part when the zombie gets on the radio in the ambulance and says, "Send more paramedics." It made me chuckle. But then later when the same zombie gets on the radio in the cop car and says, "Send more cops." That made me laugh so hard. I think it was mostly the deliverance of the line.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, I don't recommend Parts 4 and 5. Also never saw The Shining.

I might give the NBC production of JCS a shot. Do you recommend the 2000 made for TV one? For a made for TV film it seems… decent… -ish.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

REPO Man wrote:Also never saw The Shining.

Arguably one of the best horror movies ever made. Check out The Shining if you're into psychological horror.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

samsonlonghair wrote:
REPO Man wrote:Also never saw The Shining.

Arguably one of the best horror movies ever made. Check out The Shining if you're into psychological horror.

Yeah, it's definitely one of the most well regarded. My mom generally hates horror movies, but even she likes The Shining.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Currently watching Tales From the Hood. Got it on Blu-ray today. Also pre-ordered the forthcoming sequel.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Watched IT a couple of days ago. I thought it was a great thriller/coming-of-age movie. I never saw the original miniseries, so I couldn't tell you how it compares.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.