What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by BurningDoom »

Luke wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
I heard, I'm quite disappointed. The reason they're pushing it back is because they want to add post-production 3D effects to it. :roll:

That's what the press release says, but post production has been done for months. What really happened is that the movie didn't get a lot of mass appeal in focus group screenings and Paramount shit a brick when they saw Battleship's sales numbers. No way are they going release it after the Ship, well, sank. It's like Battleship vs. Avengers, but GI Joe vs. Batman, and GI Joe folded.

I expect a lot of re-shooting to a movie Paramount thought was crap.

I for one loved the trailer, but two minutes of a two and a half hour movie doesn't say much about the finished product. March is also kind of a funy month for it to be released imo. May or June would definitely tell me "Trust us, we're getting our shit together".

Either Paramount is afraid of their roi, or the finished movie stunk, not post-pro work.

lol. Well of course Battleship tanked. It looked ridiculous. G.I. Joe, on the other hand, already has a built-in fanbase.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

BurningDoom wrote:lol. Well of course Battleship tanked.

I didn't think $200mil domestic was a far off bet.

Oh boy.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

It's a sad state of affairs when $40 million in pure profit is a "flop". It's not a spectacular margin by any means and it won't produce a sequel, but some Hasbro and Universal execs are still bought themselves new Maseratis.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

TCM Underground is replaying a few movies in the next couple of weeks that I've already seen, so I just thought I'd give anybody who's interested in perhaps seeing them a heads up.

Heavenly Bodies airs tonight at 2am. Here is the TCM link.

You Better Watch Out airs June 1st. Here's the TCM write-up.

And they're also re-airing The Town That Dreaded Sundown on June 8th. Another link for your reading pleasure.

If you have TCM I'd really recommend The Town That Dreaded Sundown. They've only ever released a sub-par VHS copy of the film and TCM airs it in it's restored windscreen format. So if you're at all interested in slashers you might want to set your DVR's.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Just saw The Dark Knight Rises. Amazing.

Not really, I just wanted to finally see a movie before Luke.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

I'm guessing the hideous sound mix was part of Lars Von Trier's pretentious approach to filmmaking? That guy must have a special sauna to circulate his own farts. I had to turn the subtitles on.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Jrecee wrote:Just saw The Dark Knight Rises. Amazing.

Not gonna happen, unless you get in to the industry.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

BoringSupreez wrote:

Not gonna happen, unless you get in to the industry.

Once I finish writing my Johnny Turbo film I will BE the industry.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I haven't watched Snow White and the Huntsman yet. She's all yours.

MIIIB, or is it MIB3D? Either way, it was surprisingly fun. Not only does it make up for MIIB (or was it MIB2?), it's a genuinely exciting movie that when it starts to pick up, it doesn't stop.

Some of the usual gags are reused, the first twenty minutes are a little clunky, but overall I'd say it's pretty great. I went in with low expectations, but even had I been a fan of the previous two MIBs, I would have been more than satisfied.

I won't spoil anything yet, but I will say that the ending ties everything together very nicely. Again, a surprisingly good film (expect a shit ton of kids in the theater though).
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

That's good to hear that MIB3 is actually pretty nice. I was thinking it'd be kinda crappy.

I really like the first movie, never really watched the sequel.