What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by dsheinem »

MrPopo wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I liked the new Blade Runner, but I can't see how anyone would think it is a better movie than the original...

Did you watch the original 30 years ago or 3 days ago? It makes a difference.

I most recently watched it the same day I saw 2049.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sorry, let me clarify. Did you first watch Blade Runner yadda yadda yadda.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Exhuminator wrote:Or maybe, just maybe, it was so Harrison Ford could punch Ryan Gosling in the face:

"accidentally"

Those are some nice quotes. Nice to hear the grumpy old man of Hollywood is still interested in genre fiction. Though, I think you really have hit upon the best motivation possible. :wink:
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

MrPopo wrote:Sorry, let me clarify. Did you first watch Blade Runner yadda yadda yadda.

I first watched it 15-20 years ago and a fee times since. The original is a better film, especially in its era, than the new one. The best bits of the new one are those that build on /duplicate the ideas and arsthetics of the first. The new one also has too much story, much of it underdeveloped or set up as potential next sequel bait.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Blade Runner cuts ever changing since the 80s. I watched Deckard's eyes glitter in the dark near the end of a restored Unicorn sequence. All those moments will be lost in sequels, like edits in vain. Time to die.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Exhuminator wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Blade Runner cuts ever changing since the 80s. I watched Deckard's eyes glitter in the dark near the end of a restored Unicorn sequence. All those moments will be lost in sequels, like edits in vain. Time to die.

:lol:
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Recently bought a MasterCard gift card, signed up for Amazon Prime Video (I'm gonna cancel before they charge for another month) and a free trial of the Starz Channel on Amazon (gonna cancel before the 7-day trial ends). And why?

ImageImage

Because it's the cheapest way to watch all 8 of the Paramount-era Friday the 13th films! Having been playing the game almost religiously (every day) and with the forthcoming Friday being the 13th of October, what better time to revisit the series?

Still have six more to go, and I plan on renting the first New Line-era Jason film, Jason Goes to Hell, after finishing Jason Takes Manhattan.

The first film still holds up but part 2 has some sequelitis going on, which ironically introduced the world to the now legendary slasher icon Jason Voorhees. Though sadly he didn't get his trademark hockey mask until the next entry, which would feature laughably bad shots designed to take advantage of its 3D gimmick, part of a revival of sorts of 3D cinema. But that's for another time.

In the meantime, anyone playing the game on PS4? They just got the new free DLC early, with Part 4 Jason (unlocks at level 44, a new counselor and the Jarvis House (which doesn't have a smaller version like the Packanack, Higgins Haven and Camp Crystal Lake maps). And a reminder... I'm Repo_Man_86 and (try to) play at least a few matches a day.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Don't think we get full Zombie Jason til part IV as well.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Exhuminator wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Blade Runner cuts ever changing since the 80s. I watched Deckard's eyes glitter in the dark near the end of a restored Unicorn sequence. All those moments will be lost in sequels, like edits in vain. Time to die.

Well done, sir.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Sarge wrote:

Well done, sir.

It's too bad he won't live. But then again, who does?