What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Nemoide »

I'm a complete Ghostbusters heretic. My rankings of the movies/shows is:
1) The Real Ghostbuster (BY FAR the version I care the most about)
2) 2016 Ghostbusters (I laughed more than I did in the original)
3) Extreme Ghostbusters (I remember this show being really good! But I haven't seen it since I was a kid...)
4) 1984 Ghostbusters (It's kind of fun, I like the idea of Ghostbusters and has some neat special effects)
5) Ghostbusters II (it's not BAD-BAD, but it's not really good either)

Maybe because I grew up with the cartoon and didn't see the movies until later, but the originals just don't really do much for me.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Where the hell are you from anyway Janosz?

The Upper Vest Side?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Ziggy587 wrote:Did you like the first movie? If so, I'd say give it some time and then rewatch the sequel. It might grow on you. It's a different tone than the first film.

I won't lie, I am kind of a fan of the Ghostbusters but I only have seen the 2 movies recently. I know what they are about and the theme music but I don't recall watching them. Maybe I did when I was much younger.

It is definitely a comedy, a green fat ghost driving a bus with a hat is no way serious. They messed up a bit on the horror/SciFi part of it. Sometimes its too childish and funny, other parts it was serious. Maybe it was intentional as comic relief. I am ok with this mix, I like it.

stickem wrote:The ooze would be pretty powerful today since it feeds off people's negativity, lol, which I thought was a dumb theme. It went from being a fantasy, suspenseful action type comedy about buddies hanging out in a clubhouse to a lets everybody love one another to weaken the ooze. I didnt want a message in the movie.

Those were my exact thoughts as I was watching the movie :lol: :lol:
This movie really felt like a modern Michael Bay movie, "just put a popular IP with some star actors, cool special effects, and some jokes. People will buy the tickets and we will make a buck or two".

I am surprised they never made Ghostbusters III. It just seemed the natural path of things.

Nemoide wrote:I'm a complete Ghostbusters heretic. My rankings of the movies/shows is:
2) 2016 Ghostbusters (I laughed more than I did in the original)

This is surprising, I thought this flopped big time and no one liked it. I watch about 30min of it and it seemed just cheesy jokes with feminist agenda, I stopped watching.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Last night, my wife and I watched The Vast of Night (2019) on Amazon Prime. It’s an extremely well-made indie sci-fi film inspired by The Twilight Zone and set in 1950s New Mexico. (You can probably see where this is going...). Although the movie is mostly just people talking, it nonetheless builds a great sense of mystery, tension, and dread. Highly recommended.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

MrPopo wrote:Where the hell are you from anyway Janosz?

The Upper Vest Side?

There's so many great quotes from him, but my favorite has to be when he visits Dana's apartment during the blackout.

How's the a-bay-bee? WOOOooo!

He's sleeping.

Oh, but I wooed!

Then his closing line is the best, he says something incomprehensible. Even the subtitles don't pick it up!

I'm not sure which one makes me laugh more, Janosz or when he plays Renfield in Dracula Dead and Loving It. He killed it in both roles.
marurun

Post by marurun »

RCBH928 wrote:feminist agenda

This kind of BS is unwelcome here. This isn't a thing.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I'll be glad to debate that :) although I haven't seen that film as I hate SNL. But on the other hand, mods shouldn't remain neutral. If one does remain neutral, then it comes across as them supporting the oppressor.
marurun

Post by marurun »

We don't debate those topics here, because this isn't the right venue for them, unless they are directly related to gaming, and then they will be strictly moderated to maintain tone.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea I'm pretty sure I ruined a movie forum with political debates, and looking at it in black and white terms we were on the same side lol
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm not sure which one makes me laugh more, Janosz or when he plays Renfield in Dracula Dead and Loving It. He killed it in both roles.

I think Renfield edges out just by being that much more prominent in his movie.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.