What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Ack »

Yeah, I absolutely loved The Great Escape. What a wonderful film.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Some really great movies!
Ack wrote:The Wages of Fear
When he slowly drove over his buddy, whoa!

The remake Sorcerer was pretty good too. Tangerine Dream provided the haunting soundtrack.
I don't think the bridge would pass construction code.

emwearz wrote:The Great Escape
Loved it, another great Prison of War movie, anyone seen Stalag 17? A real classic!

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Seems like I've seen a lot of scott pilgrim commercials but I'm not sure what channel they were on.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

The Crazies. I really liked it. Another different take on the zombie genre, which many people will hate because the "zombies" can run and Romero didn't make them like that. I thought there were plenty of thrills in this film. It got started quickly and kept up the pace the entire time. Only thing is, that frantic pace got a bit exhausting by the end. If they had made the film like 25 minutes shorter it would have probably liked better. Still, I liked it. I have yet to see the original, I am waiting for it on Netflix instant queue. I actually haven't checked in a while...
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Actually, [AdultSwim] and Comedy Central gave it a LOT of advertising and there was even a 5 minute animated short based on the comics made for [AdultSwim].

The real problem is that as soon as the movie came out the retards at Universal pulled all the spots and ceased advertising for it.

Somehow, I missed every commericial and even the 'Scott Pilgrim vs The Animation' short when they aired. I've since watched the short on adultswim.com, and really enjoyed it.

There's even a few at adultswim's message board begging for the animated short to be turned into a series, and AS is apparently considering it now. Considering it was animated by Titmouse (Metalocalypse), I'd say it would be in very good hands. I hope it happens.

Maybe Brendon Small could contribute some music to it. I'm sure he could use a break from all the metal.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

the7k wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Actually, [AdultSwim] and Comedy Central gave it a LOT of advertising and there was even a 5 minute animated short based on the comics made for [AdultSwim].

The real problem is that as soon as the movie came out the retards at Universal pulled all the spots and ceased advertising for it.

Somehow, I missed every commericial and even the 'Scott Pilgrim vs The Animation' short when they aired. I've since watched the short on adultswim.com, and really enjoyed it.

There's even a few at adultswim's message board begging for the animated short to be turned into a series, and AS is apparently considering it now. Considering it was animated by Titmouse (Metalocalypse), I'd say it would be in very good hands. I hope it happens.

Yeah, I would freak if they actually turned it into a full blown series.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Ack

Post by Ack »

CRTGAMER wrote:The remake Sorcerer was pretty good too. Tangerine Dream provided the haunting soundtrack.
I don't think the bridge would pass construction code.

Hey CRTGAMER, I was unaware of Sorcerer until you mentioned it. I'm going to have to go check that one out!
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Jumper. Fun flick. :D They sure left it open for another one but I guess it wasn't so popular in theaters.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

D.D.D. wrote:Jumper. Fun flick. :D They sure left it open for another one but I guess it wasn't so popular in theaters.

The lead annoyed me to bits. It had potential, but I didn't care for anything, well maybe except Samuel L. Jackson as I wanted him to nab that punk so bad. :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Pulsar_t wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:Jumper. Fun flick. :D They sure left it open for another one but I guess it wasn't so popular in theaters.

The lead annoyed me to bits. It had potential, but I didn't care for anything, well maybe except Samuel L. Jackson as I wanted him to nab that punk so bad. :lol:

This movie was horrid and painful to watch.