What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Definitely the weakest Elm Street.

Excellent palate cleanser from the overly drecky Freddy's Dead. Ten years after the release of the original (which ironically was made in 1980 but didn't see release for 4 years), a series of strange events plague the cast of the films. Heather Langenkamp (sic?) is now a wife and mother who finds herself at the center of an attempt by a demonic entity who has taken the form of Freddy Krueger. As it turns out, the films trapped an ancient entity that sustains itself on the murder of innocence. And now that the films are done, the genie's out of the bottle. But it doesn't want to stop being Freddy and wants to escape into the real world. His only obstacle?

Nancy, his adversary in the films. But as Robert Englund, Wes Craven and even Heather's family become players in a battle to end all battles, this much darker tale, whose villain now sports a more frightening visage and an organic set of finger knives, is guaranteed to make one forget the sequels to the original.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

REPO Man wrote:Image

Can't be. Did you read the tagline on the poster?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence

This was pretty interesting movie from Japanese director about WW2 era Japanese prison camp. Honor is big theme and in this film is a treat to people who like to think about actions of the character. I especially liked Takeshi Kitanos character sergeant Hara and he quickly became one of my favorite characters of all time. Hara is cruel and on the sadistic side but he has his own sense of honor and also kindness to him. I really like multilayered characters like that.

The movie has a really good soundtrack and really elevates the film. It's probably so spot on because one of the main actors also did the soundtrack.

And i'm sure if i don't mention it someone else will but David Bowie is in the film.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Clown. B horror film from the director of Spiderman Homecoming.

Basically, a guy finds an old clown costume and wears it for his sons B-day party and then realizes he can't take it off. He slowly turns into a demon and consumes kids. This is 3 years before the new IT came out. The build-up is a bit slow as you don't see the full transformation til the end. Worth a watch on Netflix if you want some B movie horror. On the plus side you get to see kids violently eaten. Including an asshat on Xbox Live lol.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

not a movie, but did anyone else start watching Electric Dreams yet? I really liked the first episode which riffs on "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale." Anna Paquin and Terrance Howard are both always great, and that continues here.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Dark Water (Japanese version)

I don't mind slow build up but if you are going that route then you have to eventually deliver but this one never does. This movie is just a boring to watch because nothing scary really happens and it moves on pace that forced me to start watching the film 1.5 speed towards the end because i couldn't take anymore of those terrible slow walking scenes.

The only thing that this movie does well that it doesn't really do that usual "the ghost makes the MC seem like crazy" routine. It seems like it's going to that route but the ghost in this movie actually messes things up so it doesn't have that "all the evidence is gone" aspect.

But anyways. The original story isn't one of my favorites from the short story collection but it's eerier and lot better than this bland flick. This movie isn't really even faitful to the story.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Kuruwin wrote:[ it moves on pace that forced me to start watching the film 1.5 speed towards the end because i couldn't take anymore of those terrible slow walking scenes.

:shock: 1.5x speed? I didn't know you can do that. That's brilliant! Now I know how to sit through a peter Jackson flick.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:
REPO Man wrote:Image

Can't be. Did you read the tagline on the poster?

Oh, it is. That tagline is referring to New Nightmare. Freddy's Dead was smart enough to advertise for the film that came after it, because it's seriously bad. Painfully bad. Like ends with everyone hugging and saying, "Hey guys, Freddy's dead" bad.

Never say the title of the movie. Never.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I personally love Freddy's Dead. It's cheesy, sure. But it's I don't know, quintessential 90's cheese. The Power Glove, the Wizard Of Oz, the soundtrack, the 3D... I actually far prefer it to The Dream Child.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

noiseredux wrote:I personally love Freddy's Dead. It's cheesy, sure. But it's I don't know, quintessential 90's cheese. The Power Glove, the Wizard Of Oz, the soundtrack, the 3D... I actually far prefer it to The Dream Child.

Blasphemy!