What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Just finished rewatching It (2017), and cannot wait for Chapter 2. With that in mind... geez is it long! Remember when 90 minutes was the average? This clocks in at 2 hours and 15 minutes!! WHY ARE FILMS SO DAMN LONG NOW?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

The movie is long probably cause the book is so dam huge.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, yeah. It was written by Stephen King. I'm surprised there's only gonna be two It films!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Harry Anderson and John Ritter are out of place in anything horror related, to me. I liked the remake better overall. Of course Iit had more resources to work with. Interested to see part 2.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

REPO Man wrote:Just finished rewatching It (2017), and cannot wait for Chapter 2. With that in mind... geez is it long! Remember when 90 minutes was the average? This clocks in at 2 hours and 15 minutes!! WHY ARE FILMS SO DAMN LONG NOW?

It from 1990 was three hours and twelve minutes long. I used to own that movie on two vhs cassette tapes.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, or as it should be called "Jason Takes an Hour-Long Boat Ride to Toronto Pretending to be Manhattan."

Easily the worst Paramount-era Friday, which is still better than the best New Line-era Friday.

I'd love to remake this, but without the Friday license and base it on the original script. So basically pull a Mighty No. 9 on the original script.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Re-watched Pacific Rim with the wife cause she hadn't seen it and man that move is real dumb. I still enjoyed robots beating up monsters, but jeesh, I didn't remember it being so stupid. :D
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I hardly post here about movies these days since doing the blog movie review thing, but I did finally get around to watching Soderbergh's Traffic last night. I really enjoyed the alternating stories about the effects of the drug trade. It's not a happy movie, but it is a good movie.

I also watched The Green Inferno, but that's more the kind of thing I do on the blog.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'll have to find your blog post then. I'm interested to see what you say about it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

It's gonna be a bit, I'm afraid. I typically schedule posts a few weeks in advance. But if you want the short reaponse, I loved it and loved Eli Roth for honoring a subgebre that is mostly forgotten, even if it is considered problematic.