What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
gennss
128-bit

Post by gennss »

a friend lent me his copy of planet terror, i promptly went and bought both movies. Sooo worth it.
--
Gennss
--
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

The Animal Crossing movie :mrgreen: . I sort of wish I hadn't though. After seeing it I really can't appreciate the game (GC not DS) like I used to. There were so many things and ideas in it that weren't in either game that should be.

Before that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Giant (1956)

not to be confused with

My Giant (1998)

which I have also seen, unfortunately
Silencer789

Post by Silencer789 »

I saw Fight Club(1999) about an hour ago. I have been watching that movie everyday recently...
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Ack »

I just watched Raise the Red Lantern, a Chinese movie about a woman who becomes the fourth mistress to a man, and learns that she has to struggle a continuous war with the other mistresses to gain any affection from her husband.

It was actually a really good film. It's also known as Da hong deng long gao gao gua, if you prefer Chinese. The story was actually pretty disturbing in how far some of the characters were willing to go to win... Of course, if you're not a big fan of foreign film, you probably won't like it, and if you think all Chinese films should have fight scenes, you'll again probably not like it. But if you're interested in a somewhat twisted film about a woman in a madhouse, check it out.

Oh yeah, and on a bit of a film freak note, it was nominated for an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 1991.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

Watched Chaos Theory and Smart People this weekend. Both were very good Romantic Comedies.
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

I watched Lethal Weapon for the first time the other day. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was a great action movie.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I just watched The Illustrated Man, based on Ray Bradbury's book.

It was...odd.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Just saw Cannibal Holocaust. The scene where they killed a turtle (which was a REAL turtle getting killed) freaked me out.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I just watched Akira Kurosawa's Dersu Uzala. It won Best Foreign Film in 1975...pretty interesting considering it was a joint project done with the Soviet Union. The film quality isn't very good, unfortunately, though it's rumored there's still a good one somewhere in a vault in Moscow...still, some absolutely beautiful shots of Siberia in this film. Simply some amazing stuff.