What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Luke »

GI JOE 2 has been pushed back all the way to March 2013.

It must have been really awful.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Luke wrote:GI JOE 2 has been pushed back all the way to March 2013.

It must have been really awful.

I heard, I'm quite disappointed. The reason they're pushing it back is because they want to add post-production 3D effects to it. :roll:
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

indecks wrote:
Stark wrote:Also, don't know if I mentioned, but I recently saw Ip Man and Ip Man 2, but really good martial arts movies. Loved em both.

Both excellent movies. I used to hold the movie Fist of Legend as 'the bar' for Martial Arts movies. It was excellent, great story, AWESOME fights, etc. But then I watched Ip Man.

Fucking. Wow. Bar: Raised. About 27 inches. I liked Ip1 better than Ip2, but that's not to say that Ip2 wasn't good. It was awesome.

I never saw Fist of Legend. I might have to do that.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Zach G. as Ignatius J. Reilly? Yeah, that's brilliant.
Hope this isn't some attempt to "modernize" the setting though.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

BurningDoom wrote:
I heard, I'm quite disappointed. The reason they're pushing it back is because they want to add post-production 3D effects to it. :roll:

That's what the press release says, but post production has been done for months. What really happened is that the movie didn't get a lot of mass appeal in focus group screenings and Paramount shit a brick when they saw Battleship's sales numbers. No way are they going release it after the Ship, well, sank. It's like Battleship vs. Avengers, but GI Joe vs. Batman, and GI Joe folded.

I expect a lot of re-shooting to a movie Paramount thought was crap.

I for one loved the trailer, but two minutes of a two and a half hour movie doesn't say much about the finished product. March is also kind of a funy month for it to be released imo. May or June would definitely tell me "Trust us, we're getting our shit together".

Either Paramount is afraid of their roi, or the finished movie stunk, not post-pro work.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

sabrage wrote:Zach G. as Ignatius J. Reilly? Yeah, that's brilliant.
Hope this isn't some attempt to "modernize" the setting though.

Not familiar with the book, but I'd like to see him play Johnny Turbo.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

It's my favorite book.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Stark wrote:I never saw Fist of Legend. I might have to do that.

Do it, trust me. Fist of Legend has some amazing work by Jet Li. Some of his best, like Once Upon A Time in China but better. Seeing him channel Bruce Lee is incredible.
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

Stark wrote:
indecks wrote:
Stark wrote:Also, don't know if I mentioned, but I recently saw Ip Man and Ip Man 2, but really good martial arts movies. Loved em both.

Both excellent movies. I used to hold the movie Fist of Legend as 'the bar' for Martial Arts movies. It was excellent, great story, AWESOME fights, etc. But then I watched Ip Man.

Fucking. Wow. Bar: Raised. About 27 inches. I liked Ip1 better than Ip2, but that's not to say that Ip2 wasn't good. It was awesome.

I never saw Fist of Legend. I might have to do that.

It's great. Probably (to me anyway) Jet Li's best martial arts film. It's a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury/Chinese Connection.

edit: Heheheh, just saw Ack's response. Agreed wholeheartedly.

In fact, when I was watching Ip Man, I saw some similarities to Fist of Legend. Almost like homages. Very cool. I feel like I need to watch both of them now, lol.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

The Ip Man movies are streaming on Netflix so that makes that easy. Not sure about Fist.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.