What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
vash23n
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by vash23n »

Recently watch The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus: I loved this movie. It was a bit choppy at times and one of the friends I watched it with found it a bit hard to follow. I had no problems. The cast was great! So awesome seeing Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and that other idiot I actually hate (Colin something something) come together in memory of Heath Ledger. That was the one part I found confusing: why does Heath transform in the Imaginarium... because he died and those other actors agreed to finish his scenes. I also heard they donated their proceeds to his daughter.

I remember this movie being released, but I also don't remember a big deal being made of it so I never saw it. I figured it was a throw away movie, but I was wrong. I am confused as to why it didn't receive much fanfare. I really think the script is clever and fun and, again, the cast should have had most people interested.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

vash23n wrote:Recently watch The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.....That was the one part I found confusing: why does Heath transform in the Imaginarium... because he died and those other actors agreed to finish his scenes.

Great movie! I think I have one of the original posters around here somewhere....

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I recall them explaining the switch as each actor representing a different aspect of Heath's character's personality. Like each one was a form of mask he'd put up for the world by hiding his true self....or something like that....They only used one line to explain it....I really do need to watch it again :?

I do remember mention of them donating the proceeds to his daughter though.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Just watched Artificial Intelligence last night. How could I have possibly missed this movie?
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

lisalover1 wrote:Just watched Artificial Intelligence last night. How could I have possibly missed this movie?
Loved the movie, especially the ending.

Spoiler

Even though humans are extinct, the thought that immortality of our culture is continued through the boy android.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

CRTGAMER wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:Just watched Artificial Intelligence last night. How could I have possibly missed this movie?
Loved the movie, especially the ending.

Spoiler

Even though humans are extinct, the thought that immortality of our culture is continued through the boy android.

The eventual ending was great, but there seemed to be so many "false endings" leading up to it that were just so horribly depressing that I thought they couldn't possibly be the end. :lol:
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Just watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the first time in ... more than a decade, likely.

Still a fun movie. Wasn't quite as good as I remembered it, but still held up decently well. Gotta love Daffy vs Donald.
Croooow!
128-bit

Post by Croooow! »

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World: an truly epic comedy. I didn't watch one of the longer versions of the film but it was fantastic nonetheless. When they destroyed the service station had me falling off the couch laughing.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Winter’s Bone (2010) –Of all the 2010 Oscar nominated films I have seen thus far, this one has been the most surprising. The film just simply works, even if the ending leaves a bit to be desired. The acting performances are excellent all around, and the fact that most of these actors are relative unknowns adds a real sense of authenticity to everything. In addition, the setting for everything remarkably captures my own experiences of living in rural America (Appalachia, not the Ozarks) and is beautifully realized on the screen. This is the first film I’ve seen from director Debra Granik, and I am very curious to go back and check out her first (2004’s Down to the Bone) – I am even more excited to see where she might go next.
Grade: 4/5

127 Hours (2010)- This is probably the first Danny Boyle film I’ve actually enjoyed since 28 Days Later, and even though I could see the merit of Slumdog Millionaire and Sunshine, I felt that both of those films were lacking in some way or another. 127 Hours isn’t perfect either, but it tells a very simple story in a compelling way. The standouts are the directing by Boyle (who uses less of his standard gimmicks and more genuine ingenuity to shoot the same tight space for most of the film) and the acting by Franco (who clearly had a good time with the role). Even though the plot is predictable and the ending is a bit rushed, the film is worth a look.
Grade: 4/5

I am almost done catching up on this year’s 10 best picture nominees – I really hope to finish before the Oscars begin tomorrow night. I have three left to go, but so far a lot of these films strike me as good, not great. I feel like this is a weak year all around. I’ll try to post my own picks and thoughts before the Oscars air tomorrow. Ten films is far too many for the Best Picture category in all but the most unusual years. They should go back to five.
ManicMza
8-bit

Post by ManicMza »

I just watched The Other Guys on blu ray
Verdict- Meh....
Also just watched Nowhere Boy on blu ray
Verdict- great film about teenage John Lennon
If you're remotely interested in Lennon or the Beatles check it out
Systems owned Sega- master system, genesis, cd, 32x, Saturn, dreamcast. Nintendo- Nes, snes, 64, gameboy advance, ds, gamecube. Neo Geo- aes, cd, mvs, ngpc. Microsoft- xbox, xbox360
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Watched The Majestic today. I seriously liked the movie. Jim Carrey is a good actor; right up there with Bill Murray in my opinion. :)