What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Phantasm II.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu. I really enjoyed it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

REPO Man wrote:Pokémon: Detective Pikachu. I really enjoyed it.

Me too! I thought it was pretty wild and, strangely, reminiscent of Blade Runner (but with way more Pokémon and an arguably scarier antagonist).
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Phantasm III, which upped the gore and added some humor. But it's still tripping as hell. And to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if Don Co's Coscarelli is just making up the mythology as he goes along. Not complaining, though.

Also I watched The Triplets of Belleville, and it was interesting to say the least.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Uncle Buck

I watched Uncle Buck for the first time the other day. I'm not sure how I never came across this one before, but it was awesome. I love John Hughes.

Delirious

I guess I was in a John Candy mood after watching Uncle Buck, and Delirious was free with Prime. I've never seen it before. It wasn't especially good, but it wasn't bad either.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Wow, ziggy. Uncle buck was one I watched a Million times in my childhood. It used to come on the Ted Turner TV channels all the time. Come to think of it, I’ve never gone back to rewatch it as an adult. I wonder if it still holds up.

If you’re still in a John Candy mood, watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. That’s one of his best roles.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Any one watched the 50s version of House of Wax and House on Haunted Hill?
Wondering if they are worth the watch since I will be watching the more modern versions of them.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

samsonlonghair wrote:Wow, ziggy. Uncle buck was one I watched a Million times in my childhood. It used to come on the Ted Turner TV channels all the time. Come to think of it, I’ve never gone back to rewatch it as an adult. I wonder if it still holds up.

If you’re still in a John Candy mood, watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. That’s one of his best roles.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one of my favorite movies! I watch it at least once a year (around Thanksgiving Day).

I think Uncle Buck holds up. Like I've said, I've never seen it. So my opinion of it isn't biased by anything.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

RCBH928 wrote:Any one watched the 50s version of House of Wax and House on Haunted Hill?
Wondering if they are worth the watch since I will be watching the more modern versions of them.

House on Haunted Hill is pretty good.

samsonlonghair wrote:If you’re still in a John Candy mood, watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. That’s one of his best roles.

He's also great in Heavy Metal.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

RCBH928 wrote:Any one watched the 50s version of House of Wax and House on Haunted Hill?

I like House on Haunted Hill. I remember seeing the remake when it was released and not really being impressed. The original I rewatched fairly recently and I still liked it.

Cinemassacre has a good review of it that's worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBnj-l3xTs

There's a colorized version available if need be (some people can't watch B&W movies).