What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by stickem »

Jagosaurus wrote:True, but would Will Smith take time away from Blockbusters to film TV?

According to my reliable source of Entourage :lol: TV acting is much more of a daily grind.

Something I was thinking about, is will smith still a blockbuster actor? I'm not sure, it's been awhile. His run might be over. In the mid 2000's everything he did blew up. I don't think he's that hot anymore.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Wellllll.... way to make me feel old!

Yeah, Suicide Squad didn't go too well.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Ack

Post by Ack »

Jagosaurus wrote:Wellllll.... way to make me feel old!

True, but that wasn't his fault. If anything, he was one of the better parts of that one. And he's been smart to avoid things like Independence Day 2. Instead, he now seems more focused on exploring and growing how acting in more dramatic roles, with admittedly mixed results.

At this point, I'm still more likely to want to see a Will Smith flick than a Johnny Depp one.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I was referring more to the general appeal. I think the ticket sales actually did well.

I'm one of the few "nerds" who thought Suicide Squad was okay. It was a fun date night movie when it was my turn to pick. Not great, but definitely not terrible. I don't have much attachment to DC characters outside of Batman though. I like the Dead Shot character from what I remember as a kid and his role in the movie. Will Smith did well.

I agree with the general concensus it was an odd choice to basically make a spin off that early in the DC Universe movies. Then cutting Leto's scenes and him speaking out on it publicly... that was a mess. The Joker was a secondary character in a villain spin off. Just a weird road map.

I just looked at Will Smith's IMDB... wow, yeah I'm stuck in 2003 :lol:.

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Jagosaurus wrote:Wellllll.... way to make me feel old!

You feel old? He's 5 years older than me lol I remember him as a kid. I don't think people went to see suicide squad for him though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I saw Suicide Squad twice. I thought it was a lot of fun. You can't expect The Dark Knight from it or anything. It's not that. It's a popcorn flick.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Suicide Squad should have been better but they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make. But there were still good parts. Biggest miss, IMO, was the choice of big bad.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:I saw Suicide Squad twice. I thought it was a lot of fun. You can't expect The Dark Knight from it or anything. It's not that. It's a popcorn flick.

I liked it too. Expectations are everything on this one I think. There is definitely a lot of dumb things, but whatever.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:Suicide Squad should have been better but they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make. But there were still good parts. Biggest miss, IMO, was the choice of big bad.

I still say the biggest problem was Jared Leto. Cut out his stuff, and you had much more real estate for backstory and team building. It could have been much more cohesive, and I feel like those characters and the actors playing them deserved meatier parts. I watched it and left really liking El Diablo. It would have been nice to see folks like Killer Croc get the same level of treatment.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Yeah, the El Diablo character was good stuff. Spoiler talk...

When he burst into that "giant Mayan warrior skeleton on fire" :lol: I was genuinely surprised. Likely the biggest stand one moment for me.

Didn't they then almost immediately kill him off... ? :?