What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
OneXSH

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by OneXSH »

I just seen Unearthed from the After Dark Horror Fest and it is such an Aliens rip-off that I can't believe it. I'm sure i'm not the only with that thought in my head.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

The Dark Knight.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
fast
Next-Gen

Post by fast »

I watched a chunk of Love in the Afternoon last night waiting on a friend to come over. Its a textbook Gary Cooper/Audrey Hepburn romantic comedy from the 50s. The intersting part was that Maurice Chevalier was a main character. I will be honest that I always associate him with the Marx Brothers because of the awesome scene in Monkey Business where the four of them claim to be Chevalier to get off the cruise ship.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

fast wrote:I watched a chunk of Love in the Afternoon last night waiting on a friend to come over. Its a textbook Gary Cooper/Audrey Hepburn romantic comedy from the 50s. The intersting part was that Maurice Chevalier was a main character. I will be honest that I always associate him with the Marx Brothers because of the awesome scene in Monkey Business where the four of them claim to be Chevalier to get off the cruise ship.

LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON is spectacular. Do yourself a favor and catch the whole flick. Gary Cooper truly is super duper.

Good to see another Marx Brothers fan on this board. If you haven't already read Groucho and Me, it's a must read for any fan. One of my favorite autobiographies of all time.
fast
Next-Gen

Post by fast »

Im a bit of a Marx brothers fanatic. Ive got most of their movies on DVD and VHS, and a few on RCA video disc and Laserdisc. I need to pick up an Evening with Groucho LP since it had me in stiches the entire time. I have yet to read Groucho and Me, but I have read Mangy Lover and the Essential Groucho. Groucho was simply a master of many crafts.

I will finish Love in the Afternoon, I am sure my father has a copy somewhere.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:
fast wrote:I watched a chunk of Love in the Afternoon last night waiting on a friend to come over. Its a textbook Gary Cooper/Audrey Hepburn romantic comedy from the 50s. The intersting part was that Maurice Chevalier was a main character. I will be honest that I always associate him with the Marx Brothers because of the awesome scene in Monkey Business where the four of them claim to be Chevalier to get off the cruise ship.

LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON is spectacular. Do yourself a favor and catch the whole flick. Gary Cooper truly is super duper.

Good to see another Marx Brothers fan on this board. If you haven't already read Groucho and Me, it's a must read for any fan. One of my favorite autobiographies of all time.

I've seen just about all the Marx Bros films too - my wife is a big fan! Duck Soup is probably my favorite, though I have a soft spot for Horse Feathers too. And though the ones with all four brothers are best, just about all of them are worth seeing.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

fast wrote:Im a bit of a Marx brothers fanatic. Ive got most of their movies on DVD and VHS, and a few on RCA video disc and Laserdisc. I need to pick up an Evening with Groucho LP since it had me in stiches the entire time. I have yet to read Groucho and Me, but I have read Mangy Lover and the Essential Groucho. Groucho was simply a master of many crafts.

I will finish Love in the Afternoon, I am sure my father has a copy somewhere.

Groucho and Me is such a great read.It seems like Hollywood gave him the only break in life, as it seems he had quite a depressing life. It's also interesting that Harpo was the most straight and narrow, and the biggest family man of all the brothers. I've got a copy you can borrow if your local library doesn't carry it.

I also have a few episodes of You Bet Your Life on DVD. I found it, out of all places, at a grocery store for one dollar. His humor is timeless. He said things that in no doubt would be censored today, but his delivery was so clever that the censors didn't even catch it. Even today, I think he is most likely the funniest person to ever walk the Earth.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

I love the Marx Brothers, and have seen all the movies to my knowledge, but one. I have Love Happy sitting on my shelf and I really need to watch it.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

Just watched the Little Mermaid with my family. I can agree that this movie was the start of the Disney Renaissance. Although Ursala, is just a weird villain.
Budsmoka
32-bit

Post by Budsmoka »

Mallrats such a great flick.
All the ladies they love me, from the bleachers they screamin
All the ballers is bouncin they like the way I be leanin
All the rappers be hatin, off the track that I'm makin
But all the hustlers they love it just to see one of us make it