What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
blue_veilvet
24-bit

Post by blue_veilvet »

I've seen Batman Begins to get in the right mood for The Dark Knight Returns, which comes to our cinemas in two weeks. The last movie I saw at the cinema was Iron Man, which rocked as hell!
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

I saw Death Race 2000 for the first time just about four weeks ago. Awesome movie - I think it's a shame that the new Death Race seems to be taking itself so seriously. Campy 60s/70s cinema rules!

Last movie I saw in theaters: The Dark Knight (like everyone else).

Last movie I saw at home: Hard-Boiled. I've never watched this one before, and I can safely say that John Woo has more action than any other director. His American films were definitely toned down compared to his Hong Kong action flicks. The last gunfight scene in the hospital was 30-40 minutes long, so long that my wife was thoroughly bored and desensitized halfway though.

Next up, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! - I don't expect it to be very good...
Ack

Post by Ack »

God yes, Hard Boiled was awesome! I'm guessing you caught the Dragon Dynasty DVD of it. Check out their version of Jackie Chan's Police Story. The Mall fight is EPIC!
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

Escape From New York. Lee Van Cleef is cool.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Ramatut4001 wrote:Escape From New York. Lee Van Cleef is cool.

Harry Dean Stanton is great in this....and Repo Man....Twin Peaks too.

Big Trouble in Little China, again. Kicking and Screaming...the Noah Baumbauch one.
Iron Man. The Dark Knight....nothing crazy. I usually watch more indie and foriegn stuff. but not too many lately.

Definately going to see Pineapple Express. I didn't even know David Gordon Green was directing it. He's done some great films, plus I think Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Danny McBride are pretty funny. Should be a good combo.

oh....the new Death Race looks horrid. Why must Statham keep making movies? He's worse than Segal....and he doesn't even have a sweet pony tail.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

indecks wrote:Surf's Up! is still in the theater? Didn't that come out like last year? I loved that movie.

I saw Dark Kaniggit, I think.

it was a special $1 kids movie at 10:30am. it's been out on dvd for a long time. but yeah, great flick.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Ramatut4001 wrote:Escape From New York. Lee Van Cleef is cool.

Have it and the sequel on DVD, but I've never got around to watching them.

ott0bot wrote: Big Trouble in Little China, again.

I've seen that. It's gr8.

ott0bot wrote: I usually watch more indie and foriegn stuff. but not too many lately.

Like what? If you're in the mood for Italian Horror, you gotta check out Zombi 2 (Fulci flick w/ infamous shark vs zombie scene), Suspiria (psycho-delic phantasmagoric horror at its best), Paganini Horror (cheesy drek with crappy special FX, flimsy plot and bad '80s music... I LOVE IT), Bay of Blood (goes by many, many, MANY alternate titles), Zombie Holocaust (kinda like Zombi 2) and if you like sexploitation horror, check out L'Osessa (I saw an old VHS from Continental Video, where it was called "The Eerie Midnight Horror Show).

If you're into Asian Horror, check out Infection, Dumplings, and Phone.

If you don't like horror, check out the films of Gregg Araki and John Waters.

ott0bot wrote:oh....the new Death Race looks horrid. Why must Statham keep making movies? He's worse than Segal....and he doesn't even have a sweet pony tail.

Actually, I can't wait. Sure it's pure drek, but it sure as hell looks better than most so-called "action movies" coming out lately. But then again, I've seen "Bio-Dome" more times than anyone who was actually IN that.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

REPO Man wrote:
ott0bot wrote:oh....the new Death Race looks horrid. Why must Statham keep making movies? He's worse than Segal....and he doesn't even have a sweet pony tail.

Actually, I can't wait. Sure it's pure drek, but it sure as hell looks better than most so-called "action movies" coming out lately. But then again, I've seen "Bio-Dome" more times than anyone who was actually IN that.

I'm with you repo. People just don't appreciate a good old fashion action movie these days. Also, Statham is one of the few actors i find that consistently delivers in this genre, I really don't know why you could hate him that much... other than for the transporter 2.
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:
REPO Man wrote:

I'm with you repo. People just don't appreciate a good old fashion action movie these days. Also, Statham is one of the few actors i find that consistently delivers in this genre, I really don't know why you could hate him that much... other than for the transporter 2.

Tell me about it. What are your fave action movies? I particularly love the ones from the early '80s to mid '90s. In particular, I like Die Hard, Terminator, Bloodsport (or any Van Damme, even Street Fighter), The Running Man, Robocop, etc.

Right now, I'm watching "Dancing at the Blue Iguana" on IFC.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

REPO Man wrote:
AwesomeMonstar wrote:
REPO Man wrote:

Tell me about it. What are your fave action movies? I particularly love the ones from the early '80s to mid '90s. In particular, I like Die Hard, Terminator, Bloodsport (or any Van Damme, even Street Fighter), The Running Man, Robocop, etc.

Right now, I'm watching "Dancing at the Blue Iguana" on IFC.

Iron Man and the Dark Knight were both good action movies. I'm all about some 80's classics....but recently there hasn't been any good action films. And Statham.....come on! If he wasn't british sounding he would have a career...he's just be another Lorenzo Lammas! Renegade was pretty sweet though. :lol: