What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Got it on Blu-Ray now (Shout! Factory had a 50% off sale on all the titles from their Scream Factory label). Still one of my fave horror films.

It was on TCM, as part of their TCM Underground programming block. It sucked!!! Basically an ultra-shitty version of Night of the Demons.

LOVED IT! Now I gotta read the book.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Watched this today (got it and its sequel on Blu-Ray recently):

Awesome Italian horror film. Though it's more splatterpunk than genuine horror.

Currently watching the sequel.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Not as good as the first one, but still a great flick.

Typical Rob Zombie affair, though thankfully one of the better ones. It's no House of 1000 Corpses, but it's better than Halloween 1 or 2.

Recently released as part of the Criterion Collection by Janus Films after being pretty much unreleased for over 40 years (aside from a quickie VHS release in the 80s), this vintage John Waters film is worth the watch.

Now if only the remaining unreleased John Waters films and shorts could get a release.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I liked it. It's not horror film of the century, or even year, but it's a great film. It's basically about a decidedly "Nightmare"-like VHS board game with supernatural elements that makes it more or less like a horror version of Jumanji, much like Zathura was a '50s/'60s sci-fi version of Jumanji. Though I'm talking "book Jumanji" here. It's on Netflix and it's got Barbara Crampton in it (aka the girl from Reanimator and From Beyond), who also was one of the producers.

My only complaint? The same complaint most people have... the pacing. It builds up slow and then makes a mad dash to the finish in the last 10-15 minutes. Given more resources and a longer runtime (this was under 90, so... 15-20 minutes more), this could be an even better film. And it's pretty damn good already, so that's saying something.

Maybe they'll fix the flaws for the sequel... assuming there's gonna be one. *fingers crossed*
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Just saw Imperium with Daniel Radcliffe the other day- ya ll need to check it out. Was a great movie, and hearing Harry Potter shout "stfu ni***r" was pretty surprising to say the least :lol:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

"City of the Living Dead"

Part of the unofficial "Gates of Hell Trilogy", this Lucio Fulci film starts with a priest hanging himself in a cemetery in the New York hamlet of Dunwich. This opens up one of the Seven Gates of Hell, which if not closed by All Saints' Day will remain open and the dead will walk the earth.

As is typical of Fulci's films, this flick combines extravagant graphic violence (such as a man having a drill pressed through his face or a woman who begins bleeding from her eyes and begins to vomit up her innards) with shock and suspense. Clearly the late, great Lucio Fulci has earned his title as one of Italy's "Masters of Horror", not to mention the "Godfather of Gore" (a title he shares with the late, great Herschell Gordon Lewis).
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Rogue One and Power Rangers... both good.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Not a movie, per se, but I finally saw The Wiz! Live. It's the televised production of The Wiz from a couple of years ago.

I liked it, but I still like the film version just a bit more. And NOT because that version's Oz is modeled after late-'70s NYC.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Glory

I am not exactly enamoured by Glory, but it's a good film nonetheless. Matthew Broderick was convincing in this, but his career sadly never reached full potential.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

That mustache ... so terrible.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.