What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Dylan
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Dylan »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:It's finally coming out in the states later this year.

About time.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

The Apprentice wrote:Enemy at the Gates. The final showdown was excellent, especially when the political officer showed up. "Now I'm going to give you something usefull."

I've always really liked this movie - a nice departure from the standard war film that isn't simply an anti-war film. A good argument can also be made that it is the best sniper film ever.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Dylan wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:It's finally coming out in the states later this year.

About time.

Yeah, I freaked out at Spike Spencer's (the voice of Shinji) Animazement panel when he gave the announcement about it.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

dsheinem wrote:
The Apprentice wrote:Enemy at the Gates. The final showdown was excellent, especially when the political officer showed up. "Now I'm going to give you something usefull."

I've always really liked this movie - a nice departure from the standard war film that isn't simply an anti-war film. A good argument can also be made that it is the best sniper film ever.

I'll definately agree here. I also like how the antagonist wasn't a villian. He was just the counterpart on the other side of the conflict.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

MrPopo wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

I'll definately agree here. I also like how the antagonist wasn't a villian. He was just the counterpart on the other side of the conflict.

I think looking at the way this movie opens gives you a great idea of what the soviet soldiers went through on the Eastern Front during the 2nd world war. Even though it doesn't reflect EVERY beach, I also like how Saving Private Ryan reflects what the Americans, French, Brits, Canadians, and Australians and whoever else went through on the Western Front.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

I also just finished watching the 3 Cube movies again. I love the first and third, two of my favorites. The 2nd one, eh...
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

I watched all the Petit Eva shorts. They had some funny moments, like Gendo and his desk, but it wasn't anything special.

I also saw Weird Al's movie, UHF. That impressed me. It had such stars as Michael Richards and Fran Drescher before they were big, and was an experience in the surreal. I highly recommend this to anyone. It's a cult classic for sure!
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

MrPopo wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Dude, he hung a child. That seems pretty villinous to me.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

17 Again. Not bad. Pretty funny, especially from Thomas Lennon.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

I just saw Beauty and The Beast again with my family. Such a good movie, especially the music. Also, nobody's neck's as incredibly thick as Gastons!