What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Gotcha. Shoot me a PM if you remember (no pressure though). I'm not going to lie, certain elements surprised me by pulling away from what I expected Roth to do.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland. Easily the weakest of the original trilogy.

Halloween (2018). Ignoring literally every single Halloween film after the original 1978 film, we're reunited with Laurie Strode who has spent the past 40 years dealing with the aftermath of that fateful Halloween night. With an estranged daughter and granddaughter, Strode is now a shut-in preparing for an eventual reunion with Michael Myers. Meanwhile, Myers escapes after being transferred to a new prison, and heads back to Haddonfield. The film is a brilliant new take on the slasher subgenre that the original is credited for creating and popularizing.

Also, I saw the Suspiria remake, which swaps out the bright technicolor settings of the original with a more drab yet realistic setting, which fits with the grittier difference between the original and remake. It's also much more surreal and a more bizarre experience, which is saying something. And bonus points for getting the original Suzy Bannion, Jessica Harper, in a brief cameo appearance.

And Evilspeak, a forgettable early '80s straight-to-video piece of supernatural horror tripe starring Clint Howard. Meh. But it's available on Prime Video.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

REPO Man wrote:Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, or as it should be called "Jason Takes an Hour-Long Boat Ride to Toronto Pretending to be Manhattan."

Easily the worst Paramount-era Friday, which is still better than the best New Line-era Friday.

I don't know. I'd rather watch Jason X or Freddy vs. Jason for their silliness at least. Part VIII has very little to offer outside of the single scene that's actually filmed in Manhattan. It's a painfully boring movie.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’m re-watching Ang Lee’s Hulk (2003). Notwithstanding some minor inconsistencies with the forgettable The Incredible Hulk (2008), I’m going to consider it the first MCU movie. Is that OK with everyone?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I like to consider Blade the first MCU movie.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

strangenova wrote:I like to consider Blade the first MCU movie.

Touché. Good choice. I’ll do that too! :D
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Rewatched Blakkklansman the other day, I very much recommend it to anyone curious about it. One of my favorite movies of last year.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

A couple nights ago I watched Caddyshack on blu-ray and I can't remember the last time I saw that movie, still fantastic.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Rewatched Friday the 13th Part VII, which is easily one of my favorite films in the series, but damn the MPAA for forcing so many cuts. Seriously fuck the MPAA and I genuinely hope all the original versions of the scenes are found in the best possible quality and reintegrated into the film.

And can we also give major kudos to Susan Blu as Amanda Shepherd?

Aside from that:

The Wiz Live!, the made-for-TV live production of The Wiz. Unlike the film version from the 1970s, this is more like the stage version, featuring a more book-inspired Oz in lieu of the awesome NYC-styled Oz.

And Uzo Aduba is beyond amazing as Glinda.

And then I had a double feature of the two Tales from the Crypt films, Demon Knight and Bordello of Blood.

Bordello of Blood is clearly more comedic and madcap, while any humor in Demon Knight is much darker. But I recommend both in a double feature, but lower your expectations. A lot!!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey fella, I have a conundrum. I've been posting reviews on my site, mostly older stuff that I had previously put up here but mixed in with newer reviews. I don't want to copy and paste, but at the same time I feel bad about just linking to my blog. So what do my fellow trash film fans here want? Because I figure I'd like to share with you some of what I've gotten to watch, I'm just unsure of the best way to do it.