What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
chupon
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by chupon »

Anyone seen the live action Corpse Party movie? How does it hold up to the game?
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I'm under the impression that it is shite like the anime. It's not really possible to cram the content of the game to a short movie.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

These eyes will haunt my nightmares tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Rewatched kickboxer 2-4 for the first time in 25 years. Yeah I think those are better left in the past. I do like sasha mitchell though, he was good and has some skills. May give 5 and 6 a go.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Free Fire
Movie released last year and set in the 70s. Guns and polyester suits, cool! I was expecting a Pulp Fiction or a Godfather style, but this is a different set with British actors. Entire movie stayed on camera in a warehouse with straight forward shootout scene. Great gritty stuff not over the top, I think anyone watching will have a different favorite character to pull for in the outcome. No CGI; see the making of section on how the director jumped in a practice scene first to show it was safe for the actor. Without giving away the scene, that seemed so risky.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

New Star Wars, wooo. Not as good as the old ones but better than the prequels, just like Force Awakens.

Rogue One had evened the good to bad ratio of SW films to 4:4 but Last Jedi is pretty good so we're up to 5:4 until that pointless Han Solo film comes out.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Had a heavy movie weekend:
Baby Driver, The Last Jedi, La La Land, Riddick, Ghostbusters 2016, John Wick 2

Baby Driver - Edgar Wright made a crime movie with incredible driving scenes. It is a great ad for ipods... I had one issue being that it is set in Atlanta and I grew up there with the bank in Kennesaw being adjacent to Buford Hwy (opposite sides of the city).

Last Jedi - too many toy cash ins, but still enjoyable. So much better than Rogue One and its disregard for continuity.

La La Land - I understand why it one the awards it did, but it would be a much better film if it ended at final audition. I have never heard of a time where they wrote a script around a no named actress for a big budget production.

Riddick - A fitting film in the Riddick story, but far from my favorite.

Ghostbusters 2016 - A solid rewatch, Dan Aykroyds line is still the best part.

John Wick 2 - Always worth a rewatch. Not as good as the first, but one of Keanu's best.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I haven’t seen The Last Jedi yet, but you all need to be nice to Rogue One. It’s a really good movie, and IMO, probably one of the top three in the whole series.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I haven’t seen The Last Jedi yet, but you all need to be nice to Rogue One. It’s a really good movie, and IMO, probably one of the top three in the whole series.

I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth defending Star Wars to haters.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I had massive issues with continuity in Rogue One to the Original Trilogy. And you know, the plotholes. It also hit the uncanny valley more than once.