What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Stark »

I'd go with a link and a quick blurb. Don't see the harm in not having to post content twice.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, so long as it doesn't offend folks, ok. I just don't want to come off as trying to poach

Recently I watched the movie Squirm (1976). It's set in rural Georgia and features killer worms. It also makes the state look like we've still only got three teeth and moonshine to stave off our corrupt local law enforcement. Come read about the worst depiction we've had since Burt Reynolds had to take on fellas that want to make you squeal like a pig.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Too funny.

That reminds me of one of the opening scenes in Days of Thunder. It shows an old, bent shed in a roughly-plowed field with the caption “Charlotte, North Carolina”. :lol:
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Rewatched Into the Spiderverse yesterday.

This is officially my favorite movie ever. Sorry Good Will Hunting, but you've been out done. Take your place alongside Eraserhead, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and Wings of Desire as my former favorite movies of all time.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Ack

Post by Ack »

Nintendork666 wrote:Rewatched Into the Spiderverse yesterday.

This is officially my favorite movie ever. Sorry Good Will Hunting, but you've been out done. Take your place alongside Eraserhead, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and Wings of Desire as my former favorite movies of all time.

You have some interesting taste. Wings of Desire is excellent.

But now for a movie that I find terrible: Big Bad Wolf (2006).

Trying to get that perfect mix of comedy and horror isn't easy, and this movie utterly fails to do it. It's a werewolf movie that tries to be funny, and it bombs. Hard. It's also a movie about an abusive stepfather...and it still bombs. I've seen many werewolf movies, and this is definitely one of the worst. Howling 3 was a better movie...
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Ack wrote:...I've seen many werewolf movies, and this is definitely one of the worst. Howling 3 was a better movie...

Having seen Big Bad Wolf and Howling 3, I must concur with Ack.

Best to stick with American Werewolf in London for your werewolves fix and Stepfather (1987) for the dangerous stepfather angle.

The Stepfather is entertaining, btw. Ya'll should watch it (the two sequels can be skipped, though. Especially the 3rd film.)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Since I found them on Amazon Prime, the only horror movies I watch now are mid-1970s Italian giallo films. There are so many, I will never run out!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

My amazon prime is almost solely used for old kung fu movies, if you haven't seen the 36th chamber movies I recommend them, especially if you like cheesy movies.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

SamuraiMegas wrote:My amazon prime is almost solely used for old kung fu movies, if you haven't seen the 36th chamber movies I recommend them, especially if you like cheesy movies.

Oh...I’ve seen them! My first date with my wife involved a viewing of The Five Deadly Venoms, and we are both huge fans of old grindhouse kung fu movies.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:My amazon prime is almost solely used for old kung fu movies, if you haven't seen the 36th chamber movies I recommend them, especially if you like cheesy movies.

Oh...I’ve seen them! My first date with my wife involved a viewing of The Five Deadly Venoms, and we are both huge fans of old grindhouse kung fu movies.

You're lucky then- my girlfriend made me turn off Disciples of the 36th chamber when I tried to get to her to watch it with me
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread