What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Rewatched Jason Goes to Hell, this time the unrated version from my new Blu-ray box set from Shout Factory that I pre-ordered back in July.
marurun

Post by marurun »

What's different about the "unrated" version?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

More gore.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ah, sounds pretty pointless then.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Pretty sure it has more boobs, too. All I remember from the movie is the beginning and end scenes, but then again I haven't seen this movie since it was released back in 93. I do remember the hype that grew, even though both series were well past their welcome, for the eventual Freddy v. Jason when it was over. Just a shame it took them 10 years to get that set up and boy what a letdown that was.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Yeah, but this is the first time the scenes have been on Blu-Ray (legally) and the set also includes every single Friday the 13th film to date, which means that it's a MAJOR upgrade to my other box set with just the Paramount-era films, the latter half of which are jammed two to a disc. But that means I get to donate the old one to my library. Which reminds me I still have all those DVDs I still have to donate, which have been sitting in a box for over a year now.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

REPO Man wrote:Yeah, but this is the first time the scenes have been on Blu-Ray (legally) and the set also includes every single Friday the 13th film to date, which means that it's a MAJOR upgrade to my other box set with just the Paramount-era films, the latter half of which are jammed two to a disc. But that means I get to donate the old one to my library. Which reminds me I still have all those DVDs I still have to donate, which have been sitting in a box for over a year now.

Good on you for donating the DVDs, but I wonder if the library will even take Friday 13th movies!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Is there something about Friday the 13th that would be off-putting to a library?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Recently rewatched Doctor Butcher MD, which I recently got on Blu-Ray. I first heard of this Italian import ages ago when my local video store was selling off all their VHS tapes. Also known as Zombie Holocaust, this gory thriller starts in New York City with a rash of corpse mutilations and ends in a tropical locale with a tribe of cannibals and... zombies? While the title suggests it to be a slasher of sorts, I was surprised when I first saw it that it was filled with cannibals and zombies, given the title the VHS I used to have denoted neither.

Definitely worth a watch to my fellow gorehounds or Italian horror fans.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Wow, the new Borat film manages to be even more amazing than the first one. And if you have Amazon Prime you already have access to it. Highly recommended if you liked the first. Don't really want to say more because it's better if you go in and just let it take you on its journey.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.