What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

An excellent comedy. Superbad, eat your heart out!
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Since February is a short month, I've decided that all my new write-ups this month will be dedicated to watching short films.

First up-

The Yellow Wallpaper (2012)

In short, (heh) I liked it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Michi wrote:Since February is a short month, I've decided that all my new write-ups this month will be dedicated to watching short films.

Here's a YouTube playlist of short films I've seen.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Onward.jpg
Onward.jpg (29.96 KiB) Viewed 1431 times

Touching and funny. Fans of D&D should really like it too.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

How much does the song "Hocus Pocus" by Focus feature in the movie? This will determine my interest.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I think it's just in the trailer, alas.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Scary Movie, which is still decently funny.

Road Trip: Beer Pong, which is a so-so straight to DVD sequel to Road Trip.

And Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th, a so-so Scary Movie knockoff.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My son is really, really into Transformers right now; so, we watched Bumblebee (2018). I read it was pretty good and, therefore, radically better than all preceding Transformers film except, perhaps, the animated one. I ended up really enjoying it. It’s set in 1987, and it is a throwback to the 1980s “teenager finds a totally radical thing from out of this world!” genre. It’s well-acted, funny, and, at times, touching, and it also has a few very good action set pieces. It also has a great period soundtrack (which even includes “The Touch” by Stan Bush!). It is currently available for streaming on Amazon Prime, and I recommend it if you have fond childhood memories of The Transformers.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:My son is really, really into Transformers right now; so, we watched Bumblebee (2018). I read it was pretty good and, therefore, radically better than all preceding Transformers film except, perhaps, the animated one. I ended up really enjoying it. It’s set in 1987, and it is a throwback to the 1980s “teenager finds a totally radical thing from out of this world!” genre. It’s well-acted, funny, and, at times, touching, and it also has a few very good action set pieces. It also has a great period soundtrack (which even includes “The Touch” by Stan Bush!). It is currently available for streaming on Amazon Prime, and I recommend it if you have fond childhood memories of The Transformers.

Seconded. Bumblebee is a fantastic transformers movie. It's certainly better than any of the Michael Bay transformers movies.
Aside: I think Bay might have an executive producer credit on this movie, but as far as I can tell he had no CREATIVE input on Bumblebee.

I love the use of stop-motion animation in the transformation sequences. That really makes Bumblebee stand out as an incredible Transformer movie. If I was being completely objective, I might even say that Bumblebee is better than the animated Transformers movie from the mid-1980s. It's hard to seperate rose-tinted childhood nostalgia from objectivity when it comes to movie quality.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

samsonlonghair wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:My son is really, really into Transformers right now; so, we watched Bumblebee (2018). I read it was pretty good and, therefore, radically better than all preceding Transformers film except, perhaps, the animated one. I ended up really enjoying it. It’s set in 1987, and it is a throwback to the 1980s “teenager finds a totally radical thing from out of this world!” genre. It’s well-acted, funny, and, at times, touching, and it also has a few very good action set pieces. It also has a great period soundtrack (which even includes “The Touch” by Stan Bush!). It is currently available for streaming on Amazon Prime, and I recommend it if you have fond childhood memories of The Transformers.

Seconded. Bumblebee is a fantastic transformers movie. It's certainly better than any of the Michael Bay transformers movies.
Aside: I think Bay might have an executive producer credit on this movie, but as far as I can tell he had no CREATIVE input on Bumblebee.

I love the use of stop-motion animation in the transformation sequences. That really makes Bumblebee stand out as an incredible Transformer movie. If I was being completely objective, I might even say that Bumblebee is better than the animated Transformers movie from the mid-1980s. It's hard to seperate rose-tinted childhood nostalgia from objectivity when it comes to movie quality.

I saw the animated film recently. (Again, I have a son obsessed with transformers.) It has some inspired moments, but, soundtrack aside, it’s not that good. Certainly, it’s not as good as Bumblebee.