What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Good, but the idea is pretty incredulous...

Basically a standard "Carrie"-esque character resurrects Jason with telekinesis, which somehow is more asinine that getting resurrected with a lightning bolt.

Oh, and the mom in the film is played by Susan Blu, the voice actress whose roles include Flim Flam on The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, Lin-Z Pierce and Stormer on Jem and the Holograms, and Dreamchip on Flintstone Kids, among many others.

And she was Vikki Grimm from the Army Men series.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

And so the Paramount era of Jason films ends, not with a bang, but with a... well, not quite a whimper, either.

For a sequel, there's worse, though JtM DID end up on Entertainment Weekly's list of worst sequels ever made over 10 years ago and placed eighth out of 25.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

REPO Man wrote:Image

What a MAJOR step back.

The should have just skipped Parts 2 and 3 and gone straight to this one.

Not a very GOOD "new beginning". Better than 2 and 3 combined, but not as good as Part 4.

Currently watching:

A little over 30 minutes in and I can honestly say they should have skipped Part 5 and gone straight to Part 6.

So basically:

Watch Part 1.
Skip 2-3.
Part 4's got flashbacks to 1-3 so with some editing (read: adding necessary 2-3 footage into part 4) this could be a better sequel to Part 1.
Skip 5.
Watch Part 6, taking the BS science behind...
Jason getting resurrected by a fucking lightning bolt striking a "spear" that's really just part of a metal fence and TOTALLY ignoring the much taller things the lighting bolt could have struck

...with a grain of salt.

Still gotta watch Parts 7 and 8. Gonna watch Jason Goes to Hell as well. IDK if I'm gonna watch Jason X, Freddy vs Jason or the reboot.

Skip Jason Goes to hell. The movie is shit. Unless you want to see a bunch of random people eat a heart. Jason is it in it for a whole 2 minutes. The first 2 minutes. Freddy vs Jason is really a fun film and the fight is great. Jason X is awful but has some good moments and some of those ironically.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Segata wrote:
REPO Man wrote:Image

What a MAJOR step back.

The should have just skipped Parts 2 and 3 and gone straight to this one.

Not a very GOOD "new beginning". Better than 2 and 3 combined, but not as good as Part 4.

Currently watching:

A little over 30 minutes in and I can honestly say they should have skipped Part 5 and gone straight to Part 6.

So basically:

Watch Part 1.
Skip 2-3.
Part 4's got flashbacks to 1-3 so with some editing (read: adding necessary 2-3 footage into part 4) this could be a better sequel to Part 1.
Skip 5.
Watch Part 6, taking the BS science behind...
Jason getting resurrected by a fucking lightning bolt striking a "spear" that's really just part of a metal fence and TOTALLY ignoring the much taller things the lighting bolt could have struck

...with a grain of salt.

Still gotta watch Parts 7 and 8. Gonna watch Jason Goes to Hell as well. IDK if I'm gonna watch Jason X, Freddy vs Jason or the reboot.

Skip Jason Goes to hell. The movie is shit. Unless you want to see a bunch of random people eat a heart. Jason is it in it for a whole 2 minutes. The first 2 minutes. Freddy vs Jason is really a fun film and the fight is great. Jason X is awful but has some good moments and some of those ironically.

The only real reason anyone remembers the 9th film is for the last 5 seconds and Freddy's hand, because it was supposed to set up the crossover between the two franchises (that didn't come for another decade.) Other than that, it's pretty forgettable. All the films have their schtick, but Hell's doesn't really work for me. I enjoyed the five minutes he spent in Manhattan more.

You could probably save yourself some time, REPO, and just look for the clip of the ending to Hell online.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Not a bad sequel. Better than Part 8. While much of the fantasy elements are total bullshit, it did feature some decent death scenes and fucked-up shit. Definitely a product of its time, when slashers were falling out of style and hastily trying to adapt to changing tastes. With some more work it could have a much better entry into the series.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Cult of Chucky. Pretty good entry to the Childs Play series. Unique as well. Sadly the next one will be awful as the director has said it will be in space, because that worked for slasher flicks before right?. This film didn't end with anything close to resembling that. I do get the vibe Brad does want to retire from the role.
And let his daughter continue it
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

One of my favorite horror anthologies, it feels like an old-school Amicus horror anthology (such as Tales from the Crypt, which was actually based on novelizations of the comics), albeit with a '90s urban vibe.

I'd love to see a sequel, or at least a Night Gallery-style TV series based on it.

Not a very good or memorable film but it's way better than people give it credit for.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I haven't sen Halloween 3 for a very longtime but i remember it being really interesting and i would have prefered them making new films under the halloween brand instead of making those shitty Michael Myers sequels. Horror anthologies would have been even better (i need to check that tales from the hood film)
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Halloween III is easily my favorite of the series. It's crazy, it's creative, and I think it's TOTALLY MEMORABLE; it even has THAT SCENE which most folks know what I'm talking about just by saying "that scene."
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I think it might be my favorite too because i never really was big fan of the first one but i haven't really seen that one either for ages. Other slasher villains like Jason and Freddy are more fun to me.