Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by OldSchool_Boy Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:25 pm

American Pimp

Documentary succeeds in teaching more about who pimps are and what they do with some history there.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Luke wrote:
Jrecee wrote:I still can't find Attack The Block in any stores!!

Agh! That's awful.

Marvel spoilers

I hope that's Thanos.

Definetly not who you think it is. I don't even see the resemblance. It's some undead creature it looks like to me. Besides, him AND Loki would just be too much. It usually takes an army of heroes to take who you're talking about down, and that's him alone.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:41 pm

BurningDoom wrote:Definetly not who you think it is. I don't even see the resemblance. It's some undead creature it looks like to me. Besides, him AND Loki would just be too much. It usually takes an army of heroes to take who you're talking about down, and that's him alone.

Yeah, I was way off (although the "crown" the creature wears does resembles the same Thanos dons).

It's obviously the Beta Ray Bill invasion.

More THOR goodness headed your way.
Golgo 14
64-bit

by Golgo 14 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 am

For anyone near the San Francisco Bay Area who was intrigued by Michi's review of the crazy House back on page 615, the Castro Theater will be playing it on April 13th at 11:45 PM. I'm going to try to make it as it sounds like the ultimate midnight movie and should be pretty fun with an appreciative audience. It plays as part of a triple feature "Midnites for Maniacs" event with Lost in Translation and Battle Royale showing earlier in the night.
Inazuma wrote:Nah, I never found any good velcro shoes.
Golgo 14
64-bit

For anyone near the San Francisco Bay Area who was intrigued by Michi's review of the crazy House back on page 615, the Castro Theater will be playing it on April 13th at 11:45 PM. I'm going to try to make it as it sounds like the ultimate midnight movie and should be pretty fun with an appreciative audience. It plays as part of a triple feature "Midnites for Maniacs" event with Lost in Translation and Battle Royale showing earlier in the night.
Golgo 14
64-bit

I swear I only hit submit once.
Last edited by Golgo 14 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 am

TOTAL RECALL looks like it could justify yet another remake. I expect some gore though. Tons and tons of gore. That and a tri-breasted martian prostitute. No exceptions.

If you haven't seen the original TOTAL RECALL, do yourself a favor and put in on your queue. Some of the effects come off as goofy due to the movies age, but the goofy effects don't take away anything from the movie rather they add some laughs. Great story, great action, and it may be Arnold's best acting performance outside of politics and infidelity. It's a movie you can't forget.

"Two weeks. Two weeks".
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 am

Luke wrote:TOTAL RECALL looks like it could justify yet another remake. I expect some gore though. Tons and tons of gore. That and a tri-breasted martian prostitute. No exceptions.

If you haven't seen the original TOTAL RECALL, do yourself a favor and put in on your queue. Some of the effects come off as goofy due to the movies age, but the goofy effects don't take away anything from the movie rather they add some laughs. Great story, great action, and it may be Arnold's best acting performance outside of politics and infidelity. It's a movie you can't forget.

"Two weeks. Two weeks".

wow. really?
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 am

dsheinem wrote:
wow. really?

Really.

Wait. What?
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:26 am

I'm predicting that over 90% of the visitors on this forum will find TED to be completely hilarious.

It's a red band trailer, plus it's written by Seth McFarlane, so nsfw.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever