Interesting Article Regarding Japanese Vs. American Gamers

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jakanden
16-bit

Interesting Article Regarding Japanese Vs. American Gamers

Post by Jakanden »

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/719/719318p1.html

I personally always enjoy reading anything that shows the differences between the two countries (not just in gaming) since I am working on moving to Japan (via JET)

This article shows some reasons why the 360 (and Xbox) have failed in Japan and what people should do to make it more successful. Considering I have imported quite a few games from Japan, I can understand their tastes vs western tastes.
NeoRage
64-bit

Re: Interesting Article Regarding Japanese Vs. American Game

Post by NeoRage »

Jakanden wrote:http://www.gamespy.com/articles/719/719318p1.html

I personally always enjoy reading anything that shows the differences between the two countries (not just in gaming) since I am working on moving to Japan (via JET)

This article shows some reasons why the 360 (and Xbox) have failed in Japan and what people should do to make it more successful. Considering I have imported quite a few games from Japan, I can understand their tastes vs western tastes.

Great article! I'm also trying to go through the JET program to move to Japan! My best friend and I were in Japan meeting people in February and we're going back in February 07'. Please let me know how things work out for you and any tips (Cheap airfare lol) you might have :D . I REALLY loved the country! The people there were so approachable and eager to learn of my culture and background, I wish things were like that here :( ...........And even the alleys were clean enough to have a picnic on lol.
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

Aye - I went there last year and will be going again this year. It is a wonderful country to say the least =)