Fashion Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Fashion Thread

Post by Gucci »

marurun wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:Things like 10lb so I can get why you might not like them. I feel super safe wherever I go in the jacket though - I'm basically wearing armor!

It won't protect you from an arrow to the knee, however.

That’s what knee pads are for.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Got my new Fright Rags shirt.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Uniqlo shirts came in

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've thought about making Tshirt designs based around retro games.

One is a bunch of 8- and 16-bit characters in a circle with the phrase "RESPECT YOUR ELDERS" in the middle. Another has famous female video game characters in two rows of four with the rows separated by the phrase "FIGHT LIKE A GIRL".
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I may or may not have drunkenly sent in a bunch of lowballs and sniper bids the other day... and almost all of them went through :oops: my closet is about to damn near double.

I retired my (dad's, to be fair) og original release Jordan 1 Chicago's on Wednesday at the new Air movie, about the making of Air Jordans. Was absolutely fantastic and I very much recommend it, even if you aren't into fashion.

Unfortunately, with the shoes, the soles have finally pretty much had it so I broke down and bought a pair of Lost and Founds on stock x that are on the way. I'm going to buy my dad a pair since he gave his old ones, as well as my brother because I feel like he deserves them since I got our dad's og pair.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

You know I prefer cargo shorts and a mascot t-shirt, but I saw this hoodie the girl in charge of marketing for Taito was wearing in a recent video and I'm thinking of having it tailored to a heavy brass YKK zip-up. She's so cool, and I like that she wears so much larger than her size.
TWN x Bubble Bobble - Patch Hoodie Blue Green
The import from Korea is extreme, but I really want it.
What do you guys think? Could I just buy a hoodie from North America and customize it while getting it zippered?

I already purchased the talking Bub and Bob plush toys from a previous years-ago promotion. Glad they're still mint as the StrictlyLimited price for them is not reasonable. My nephew now owns the talking Bob plush, but still brings it over occasionally to converse with my Bub plush.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I think you could probably get someone to stitch that design on a jacket if you really wanted but it'd end up costing about the same probably. I've never personally added a zipper to a jacket but I'm sure you probably could.

I've been thinking of taking sewing lessons but don't quite have the time yet. I'd love to start making my own clothes.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Anapan wrote:You know I prefer cargo shorts and a mascot t-shirt, but I saw this hoodie the girl in charge of marketing for Taito was wearing in a recent video and I'm thinking of having it tailored to a heavy brass YKK zip-up. She's so cool, and I like that she wears so much larger than her size.
TWN x Bubble Bobble - Patch Hoodie Blue Green
The import from Korea is extreme, but I really want it.
What do you guys think? Could I just buy a hoodie from North America and customize it while getting it zippered?

I already purchased the talking Bub and Bob plush toys from a previous years-ago promotion. Glad they're still mint as the StrictlyLimited price for them is not reasonable. My nephew now owns the talking Bob plush, but still brings it over occasionally to converse with my Bub plush.

I just wanna say that I’m a massive fan of heavy duty YKK zippers. Gotta be full metal where the teeth feel like they are gonna rip your skin off! The largest they make is 10mm and this is what they look like:

Edit: also wanted to add that the larger size (typically called the “boyfriend hoodie” size) is very popular in Japan. Overall, silhouettes are getting larger where people wear clothes in a bit bigger than what they normally would.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

https://imgur.com/a/K8KVAkn
Lost and Founds vs the OGs. They were my dad's.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

SamuraiMegas wrote:https://imgur.com/a/K8KVAkn
Lost and Founds vs the OGs. They were my dad's.

Dope to see a photo comparing your dad's original pair with the more recent release!

Also, Anapan -- I think having the logo embroidered on a hoodie would be doable, but I'm not sure about having a pullover customized into a full zip. The only work I've had done at a tailor shop over the years is to have different rugby shirts, camouflage pants, and camouflage shorts slimmed down a bit.