Fashion Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I have a few friends who can print shirts for me cheap, and I try to source vintage blanks cheap at thrift stores. Not too big a risk to have a few extra items in stock. Only planning on printing a couple in each size max, too.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Billionaire boys club is currently having a flash sale. Got a skate deck, two shirts and a pair of shorts for 150.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Haven’t been on this thread in a minute. Sales. Sale are great obviously. Especially at the end of the season. But when I start seeing 60, 70, and even 80% off, I wonder if they are selling stuff at a loss at that point.

Case and point: the shop Notre was selling a Sacai wool sweater. One of those thick ass knitted wool sweaters. I picked it up for $228. The original price on that was $1,010. Yes, over a grand.

Good deal btw. I know skate decks can be a good chunk of change depending on graphics.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

TBH I don't see myself spending that much on outerwear. Maybe up to $100-150 for a heated jacket. Keep in mind that aside from my t-shirts, most of my clothes come from Walmart or Amazon.

Speaking of shirts, some time ago I ordered a new Fright Rags shirt from their Nightmare on Elm Street 3 line that mashes up the titular Dream Warriors with the poster art from The Warriors. They've done similar mashups over the years like their Nightbreed design modeled after the cover of The Uncasny X-Men number 141 ("Days of Future Past, Part 1") that I bought ages ago.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Outerwear is kind of a big deal where I’m from. During the winter, Manhattan is notorious for those cross winds when walking across the island. I’m in the outer boroughs near the ocean. Shit is cold! When you need to meet both warmth requirements, and fashion (it’s NYC), outerwear can climb in price rather quickly. That’s why I’m a big fan of peacoats.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Given how cold NYC is, how much would you recommend a heated jacket? TBH I really wish I would have bought a heated jacket months ago. I imagine it'd make staying warm in my house a lot easier. My concern is would a heated jacket be TOO hot.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Columbia for jackets. Look for OmniHeat for good warmth. OmniTech for water proof.

Champion reverse weave for hoodies and crew neck sweaters. Sweat pants too.

Workwear is so hot right now so Carhartt is another brand for jackets, tees, bottoms.

All are cheap as shit.

Edit: do I recommend a heated jacket (I assume you mean an insulated jacket)? Yes. See brands above.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Heated jackets are a gimmick, imo. The heating elements and battery packs are destined to wear out far sooner than the rest of a decently-made coat or jacket.

If you're not super concerned with animal welfare, you'll do much better wearing wool and layering.

I say this as someone very sensitive to the cold. I am currently sitting in my office at work and wearing a wool sweater, flannel harrington jacket, and wristies.

I'm also wearing stuff below the waist.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Gucci wrote:Edit: do I recommend a heated jacket (I assume you mean an insulated jacket)? Yes. See brands above.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to jackets that include built-in resistive heating elements and an interior pocket for a battery pack.

E.G.
https://www.amazon.com/Jackets-Fashion- ... B0BC2CRHLF
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
marurun

Post by marurun »

Heated jackets sound like a recipe for accidental self-immolation and a waste of both money and materials. Buy a good cold-weather coat and you're good to go.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.