Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: Fashion Thread

by Golgo 14 Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Gucci wrote:Those look like well made hoodies. Like I said: it’s the little details. Metal tip ends on the drawstring. Metal eyelets in the hood for the string.

The eyelets look metal. The tip ends on the drawstring look metal-ish, but close to the same thing on a cheap Amazon Basics hoodie I just bought. I'll try to post pics when I get a chance.

Gucci wrote:How’s the weight? Are they heavy?

They're pretty heavy, which is both good and bad for me. Good in the sense that you can tell it's a sturdy, quality product. Kind of bad for me because I live in an area that doesn't get all that cold very often, so it limits their use. Definitely not something I'd want to wear when it's 75 degrees out. But they're a lot heavier than something like an American Apparel hoodie which is just like a fuzzy windbreaker really.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:46 pm

As promised, here's a couple of my Flint & Tinder hoodies & their features. I'm especially a big fan of the "secret" inside pocket.

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:55 pm

Those look really nice!
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 am

Got a mystery item on the way from @gilfgavin from Instagram. His stuff is really cool, I think he's going to be a real up and coming designer.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:12 am

I looked him up. Nice design but for a split second I thought the design was the Pokemon Gengar! There’s that one hoodie I like with the two tone design.

https://www.gavinsouthclothing.com/product/cat-split-essentials-hoodie

I also see a custom pair of Bapestas. Is that what’s coming?

Last week I picked up on sale a set of jackets and a hoodie. It’s a whole mix and match system. So, Converse makes some decent clothing, with the stars (heh) of the show behind collabs. Outside of this particular collab, they have a system called Utility where you can mix and match an outer shell or some other piece to a hoodie that has a compatible set of zippers to attached that outer piece. They have bombers, Sherpa jackets, and parkas.

Converse collaborated with an Italian retailer called Slam Jam. I got the two Sherpa jackets and the utility hoodie. You’ll see on the third and last pic how that layering system works.

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:14 am

He has some new fake bapestas coming out, I think the ones that are posted are old. He also has some really sick fake Jordan 1s- check those out!

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:59 am

Gucci wrote:Converse collaborated with an Italian retailer called Slam Jam. I got the two Sherpa jackets and the utility hoodie. You’ll see on the third and last pic how that layering system works.

Nice pick-ups for the change to cooler weather! I especially like that first light grey sherpa fleece.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Speaking of cooler weather: me and my brother, who’s quite a bit older than me, don’t always see eye to eye with clothing and fashion in general. He was around during the 90s grunge scene in the Village in Manhattan when that scene was very much alive and well. So he still has a thing for that stuff now as well as workwear since he’s in construction.

Anyway, one thing that we both agree on is having and maintaining a nice peacoat. We’re both into the old school military clothing: naval coats, M-65 coats, bomber jackets, M-59 parkas. Things like that.

We took a trip to Schott NYC over the weekend and I gotta say: their peacoats are absolutely insane. These guys have been around since the 1910s. They have one model of coat, the 782USA, with the ever rare chest height hand warmers. Those pockets are line with corduroy material like the WWII peacoats. Heavy as hell. Just a great coat.

That’s all. That’s what I wanted to say.
Ohh it even comes in knee length too.
I swear this isn’t an advertisement.
Don’t yell at me.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 pm

https://imgur.com/a/h0hKeOE

Gilfgavin's new shoes. Dm'd him and he said they were going to be $200. Gotta find some cash so I can get a pair...

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Gucci wrote:We took a trip to Schott NYC over the weekend and I gotta say: their peacoats are absolutely insane. These guys have been around since the 1910s. They have one model of coat, the 782USA, with the ever rare chest height hand warmers. Those pockets are line with corduroy material like the WWII peacoats. Heavy as hell. Just a great coat.

That's dope that you went over to Schott to check it out. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of peacoats but I do need some type of over coat like that to go with a suit as most of the jackets I have aren't appropriate for the occasion. I have to go to a wedding in November, so I'm going to need to pick up something. However, I'm a fan of their leather jackets and bomber jackets. They look pretty amazing. I haven't had a leather in a long time, it's a bit tempting. Lol.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever