Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Most of the figures I buy nowadays are the SH Figurearts figures that are like 6 inches. Need the Guy Manuel figure to go with my Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk figure.

I picked up a cheap Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, along with Viscous a few months ago. I already have a Playarts Spike, but I picked up the cheapo one because that was the exact toy I always wanted as a kid. He's about 4 inches tall so he would have fit in with all the 3.5 inch Marvel figures I have/had and actually has decent articulation. Wish it came out when I was a kid! Would have been playing space bounty hunter, chasing after now-evil super heroes of something haha.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

SamuraiMegas wrote: along with Viscous a few months ago.

I know you meant Vicious, but I love imagining just what kind of character in the Bebop universe would be named Viscous.

I actually bot a cheap Lego set for myself some weeks ago. It was the Creator 3-in-1 line Super Robot. It's affordable and cool looking, with a lot of articulation points.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/super-robot-31124
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

As I’ve jumped into the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar scene - yes! I play with my toys!

All my G1 transformers are getting lots of love from my son now too. Happy dad here.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Haha, auto correct got me.

I also picked up a Batman Beyond figure recently, "Inque as Batman Beyond". Another figure I wish I had as a kid! Never had any good Batman Beyond toys, the ones released had hardly any articulation.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
StuntDouble
64-bit

Post by StuntDouble »

Anapan wrote:I do not. I have to admit, I had a favorite that is really hard to find. I wanted to hold it again. I finally had to have Ebay email me when one came up and I paid a stupidly large price for the nostalgia. I was worth it, but the brief plastic feel was all I wanted.
Here's a pic of what's sitting on top of my 3CRT rear projection TV:
Here's the holy grail: Mysterians: Scout from toy stores in canada in 1985:
I think I should play, or do *something* with them, but the last time I moved them significantly was for a picture I took commemorating a Racketboy milestone where I made a Fuchikoma hold a Racketboy flag.
That is a limited edition Michael Reeves Mochi Ding Ding with glasses! [Huge Flex]

I'm way late, but I went through the exact same thing as you trying to find that little blue Mysterian. Most searches would come up with a Kaiju sort of show, or some random band with the same name. Of course, all the trouble I went through trying to find that figure, and I think I sold it less than a year later. Was yours complete? I'm almost wondering if you may have bought the one I had for sale.

I've got kind of a random assortment of toys that live in my display case. They don't really get played with though, they mainly just stand there until they fall over because I bumped into the damn thing.
Current systems: Nintendo Switch and XBox 360,
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Knew this thread would appreciate this :lol: ...

https://youtube.com/shorts/QRHztp8G9go? ... IECMiOmarE

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

@StuntDouble
Missing one map. Ebay still notifies me about 3 times a year on a new one for sale. Not too tempted to buy another to complete it, but I'd never sell it. What if I get old, lose my teeth and decide I want to gum it?

Cool collection! One of my first ebay wins was a collection of Tiger handhelds because I was determined to play every Mega Man and Castlevania game. The pinball game is the only one that's actually fun - like it's actually worth playing.

I'm out of town, or I'd show the new layout on top of my 3CRT TV. I've bought a bunch more figures.

@Jag
Lol! Who are they? I actually started @ 21 because a girl told me it made the weed hit harder. True. I loved smoking.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

@Anapan, they're both stand up comedians. I was cracking up at the cigarettes & WWF toy matches. I imagine weed would amplify that lol.

Man ... I have a bin of old early 90s/late 80s toys in the garage. Need to take pics for y'all. Mostly Ninja Turtles & Might Max but some good Batman, Spiderman, Skeletor, XMen & miscellaneous mixed in. Some of the TMNT are harder to find.

Unfortunately several have that plastic chemical reaction going on where some of them feel sticky. They've been in sealed bins for 25+ years so they're clean and in decent shape.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I've never found a good answer on how to re-plastify aged gooey plastics. i'd like to see the Mighty Max collection. I used to watch the cartoon, but I don't think the action figures were sold here. Can't even remember the owl character's name - Starts with a V?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

AFAIK there isn’t a way to stabilize those plastics.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.