Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Any cryptocurrency users here?

by o.pwuaioc Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:25 pm

RCBH928 wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:Some only do that. I still hold a LOT. I've been into to since they were like $200 a pop. I also GPU mined for quite some time. Sold some at 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20k. Be crazy not to. Then sold all my mining stuff. I bought more when it tanked again right after (knew it would). Then sold some more at 18k recently. Buy low sell higher. It's kind of how... everything works. But I am holding a large chunk forever.

If it goes over 20k again i might buy a couple 2k Amazon gift certs with it.

that was brave to buy again when it tanked. One would think it might never go up again.

Speculators gonna speculate.
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Hehe :)

It will tank again very soon. BTC is very close to breaking its last all time high of 20k. It will tank very soon after, and I will buy more. Best time to buy but no guarantees it will go up again.

I still hold far more than I sell. Hopping it will go over 100k+ one day.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:46 pm

fuctfuct wrote:Hehe :)

It will tank again very soon. BTC is very close to breaking its last all time high of 20k. It will tank very soon after, and I will buy more. Best time to buy but no guarantees it will go up again.

I still hold far more than I sell. Hopping it will go over 100k+ one day.

On what basis do you think it will tank?
I follow Apple Inc. for a long time, and it reached a level and I thought who is dumb enough to buy now its saturated. Then it grows more. So I am like okay thats it. Then it reaches $1T in valuation (the first company ever) and I am thinking to myself "This is starting to get funny, surely the bubble will explode". Then it grows to $2T valuation.

Now they have the new M1 processors in house built, Apple TV+, a future supposedly self driving car, media production, and wireless earpods explosive success...where does it end? not to mention Apple Pay+Apple card
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 am

When you look at charts that go up, and up, and up, and up.. If you zoom in.. you will see at each new all time high it dips heavily right after, from people selling, and then goes back up. Not all, not all, but most.

BTC is at 19.3k as I type this.
It could start to go down and never recover.
It could push past 20k and then back down to less than 10K. Then start to climb again.
It could go up forever! lol.

My guess is something similar to option 2. But who knows?

The best way to get into crypto is to just get some during a massive dip. Right when you look at it and say "well, that's over, it will never recover now." LOL. Risky :). That, or just buy some during the small normal dips. Play around with it until you make back the real money you spent to buy in. Cash that out. Then use what is left to play around. For example, I used to run 24 GPUs to mine for Alt coins (and convert most to BTC). Each "rig" was 6 cards (GTX 1070s). Each time I bought a new "rig" I would calculate the cost to build it and the cost to power it. Every month I would cash out everything it had made into real money. Until that "rig" was paid for. Everything it made after that was used to pay for its power and to add to my holdings. You can also run bots on buy/sell sites. They ride the micro dips.. buying low selling high, all day, and all night. Or you can do it manually. My brother bought 5 BTC when it was at 10k (The first time). He made his money back and now has many more than 5 BTC. He did it all manually.

You want to get to the point where you could lose everything and have it not hurt you in any way, as fast as you can. I could lose everything I have into cryto right now and it wouldn't effect me at all.

Start with 10 bucks. See if you can make it into 20. Put 10 back in your bank account. Use the 10 you have left to make into 20. Turn that 20 into 40... 80... Repeat.

Don't get me started on stocks!! LOL. I had a chance to put money into AMD before it started spanking Intel. I KNEW it was going to happen, but I didn't do it. Look at their stocks now :'(
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 pm

I just looked at their stock over the past five years, it grew from $3 to $100..... :o
So if you invested $10,000 it would be equal to $0.5M now...am I calculating correct?
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:44 am

Maybe? lol. I am horrible at that kind of math.

BTC broke 20k today :P
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:16 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:38 am

2 weeks ago it was $20k now its $34k? bitcoin smells of mafia and money laundering.
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:06 pm

Smells like a new 65 inch OLED and PC to me! If I can find a MSRP 3080 :/

Will likely break 40k today.. Few hundred to go.

Edit. It did break 40k, I just missed it. I used some to buy 5000 more Loonies in amazon gift certs. Wish I did when it was briefly at 40k. Waiting to see if they put it on hold for "unusual" activity, lol.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:41 am

do you buy anything other than bitcoin? there is a lot like dogecoin, bt cash, litecoin...they are endless.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever