Any cryptocurrency users here?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Re: Any cryptocurrency users here?

Post by fuctfuct »

"sigh" I know you didnt listen to what he said in that video because it takes longer to watch than it took for you to respond :)

Oh, and no I didn't enrich him. I enriched myself. I have learned to self custody better so i'm no longer afraid of becoming a target for criminals. I'm nearing half a million USD and I've put less than 20k CAD into it. I'm trying to help you guys but it really is true. You cant force a horse to drink. :)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’m glad your purchases have done so well. Do you plan to convert your stake to fiat currency at some point? If so, when and why? Also, for how much longer do you think Bitcoin’s value will continue to be measured in fiat currency? If Bitcoin is ever going to have practical application, shouldn’t its value, ultimately, be independent of historical currencies.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Also, I’m glad your investments have done so well. Do you plan to convert your stake to fiat currency at some point? Also, for how much longer do you think Bitcoin’s value will continue to be measured in fiat currency? If Bitcoin is ever going to have practical application, shouldn’t its value, ultimately, be independent of historical currencies.

No i don't. I might buy something here and there with it but i'll never convert to fiat currency unless its an emergency. I get the point some are making here about being afraid to cash out. My brother just bought a new truck with some of his and I tried to convince him not to. "What you're spending on the truck could be over a million in 8 years!" heh.

I don't think the US dollar will totally disappear in my lifetime so I think it will be measured in it for quite some time. I think in a decade or so everyone with have their own coin. Including countries. Shouldn’t its value, ultimately, be independent of historical currencies? Maybe? A world where everything is priced in SATs is something im not sure will happen

EDIT: https://youtu.be/sQ4HdD7Jp4k < How Much Bitcoin Do You Need To Be Wealthy? - The Number Will Shock You
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

"nUmBeR 8 wiLl ShOcK yOu"

Some random a-hole on Youtube with the worst clickbait headlines should never be what you use to convince others to make big financial decisions.

:roll:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

@fuctfuct

You should make a plan to diversify at some point, and you should also set some concrete investment goals. (Do you want to buy a house? Save up to retire early? Etc.). Otherwise, I’m afraid, you might not ever reap the benefit of your good fortune.

Just some friendly advice! You don’t have to take it! I am glad your purchases have appreciated so much, but it’s easy to lose sight of your real goals when you’re seeing so much appreciation so fast.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

fuctfuct wrote:You cant force a horse to drink. :)

This is true considering crypto is like a lake with a "Beware of Alligators" sign on the edge.

I think you'd be better off cashing out, paying whatever taxes the government requires, and making more traditional investments.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

o.pwuaioc wrote:"nUmBeR 8 wiLl ShOcK yOu"

Some random a-hole on Youtube with the worst clickbait headlines should never be what you use to convince others to make big financial decisions.

:roll:

0.01 BTC = BiG FiNaNcIaL DeCiSiOn :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LULz

Reread the posts i have not redacted. I'm advocating spending 10 to 25 bucks a week. Skip a starbucks.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:@fuctfuct

You should make a plan to diversify at some point, and you should also set some concrete investment goals. (Do you want to buy a house? Save up to retire early? Etc.). Otherwise, I’m afraid, you might not ever reap the benefit of your good fortune.

Just some friendly advice! You don’t have to take it! I am glad your purchases have appreciated so much, but it’s easy to lose sight of your real goals when you’re seeing so much appreciation so fast.

I'm into other things too :)

opa wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:You cant force a horse to drink. :)

This is true considering crypto is like a lake with a "Beware of Alligators" sign on the edge.

I think you'd be better off cashing out, paying whatever taxes the government requires, and making more traditional investments.

Everything in life is a risk. I will not be cashing out. I will be borrowing against it in the future. Or losing most of it. LOL. Even if it crashes and I lose a huge percentage, id still be way up :)
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Being vaguely political for a moment, my interest in crypto mostly comes from my perception that the political and economic systems that have governed the world for decades are extremely unwell, and could evolve into something much worse in fairly short order. In such a scenario, I'd rather not have all my wealth tied up in government backed currency. And while I'm getting up there, I'm not old enough to be a gold bug. I don't want that shit in my house, or anywhere else tbh.

I haven't risked anything I can't lose, so if crypto does well over time, I'll be in good shape, and If it's a zero, I'll have some nice write-offs and a funny story. Either is fine, as this is far from a 100% bet.

I'm not a short-term trader of anything, but I don't think a bear or a mini-bear market would be the worst thing for crypto at the moment. Imo, the most interesting aspects of crypto don't have a lot to do with Bitcoin, but those applications aren't what I'd call ready for prime time. They could use a cooler period of development without the distraction of people screaming about number go up all the time.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Golgo 14 wrote:Being vaguely political for a moment, my interest in crypto mostly comes from my perception that the political and economic systems that have governed the world for decades are extremely unwell, and could evolve into something much worse in fairly short order. In such a scenario, I'd rather not have all my wealth tied up in government backed currency. And while I'm getting up there, I'm not old enough to be a gold bug. I don't want that shit in my house, or anywhere else tbh.

I haven't risked anything I can't lose, so if crypto does well over time, I'll be in good shape, and If it's a zero, I'll have some nice write-offs and a funny story. Either is fine, as this is far from a 100% bet.

**slow clap**
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

For those interested this has been my strategy. https://dcabtc.com?sd=2016-01-15&sda=6_ ... 00&c=false

I also mined quite heavily in 2017. I still mine with 2 GPUs (one in my gaming PC and the other in my unRAID server) because Hydro is cheap here. That gets me around another 100 CAD worth of BTC, give or take, a month. It adds maybe $30 to my electricity bill. I still buy $150ish a month, every month. On the first. Regardless of the price. I will continue to do so. Its not exactly a huge chunk of money i'm risking. Its not even all of my disposable income. Anyone can do this, and adjust it to what they are comfortable with. Even $25 a month would be better than nothing if this goes where I think its going.

I'm done trying to convince anyone. You do you :D *hug*