Any cryptocurrency users here?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Re: Any cryptocurrency users here?

Post by fuctfuct »

REDACTED
Last edited by fuctfuct on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

whats special about Monero?
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

REDACTED
Last edited by fuctfuct on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

REDACTED
Last edited by fuctfuct on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
does any one even ask the question why does it go up so high and come back down so low?
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

REDACTED
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

There are times when I definitely regret not buying $10 worth of Bitcoin when it first hit $1/coin.
But I know myself to know I would never have become fabulously wealthy off of it: I'd have sold it all when it hit $50 because in my heart I still feel like it's all fueled by speculation.

I really don't see the appeal of cryptocurrency. I guess it's good for when you want to pay for illegal things on the internet? I guess some folks have become rich thanks to the speculation bubble? I see it as having the potential to do a lot more harm than good, and I still think that bubble is going to burst one of these days. And I really don't like how folks are encourage to waste energy by building/leaving on PCs that don't do anything aside from creating it.
I don't want to disparage anyone who's made actual money from it, but I don't trust it.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

REDACTED
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

@fuctfuct

i tried to understand the blockchain technology but I never really did since all I got was that there are people out there that run computers to make sure they all agree that if a transaction happened or not. How and why should we trust those people, idk.

What service do you use to manage cryptocurrency? I once tried to open an account, maybe it was coin base, and I got something they need me to send ID scans for verifications at which point makes using cryptocurrency useless to me, might as well use Paypal.

Nemoide wrote:There are times when I definitely regret not buying $10 worth of Bitcoin when it first hit $1/coin.
But I know myself to know I would never have become fabulously wealthy off of it: I'd have sold it all when it hit $50 because in my heart I still feel like it's all fueled by speculation.

I really don't see the appeal of cryptocurrency. I guess it's good for when you want to pay for illegal things on the internet? I guess some folks have become rich thanks to the speculation bubble? I see it as having the potential to do a lot more harm than good, and I still think that bubble is going to burst one of these days. And I really don't like how folks are encourage to waste energy by building/leaving on PCs that don't do anything aside from creating it.
I don't want to disparage anyone who's made actual money from it, but I don't trust it.

I would like to have a cryptocurrency that equals 1 = $1 , this way I can convert then use that crytocurrency to transfer around the world without having to give my personal ID info to multiple services around the world, having to do 2FAs and multiple security checks, punching in my CreditCard info on each site, having my Credit Card company block the transferring because they suspected fraud, and even better yet not having a full log of everything I buy.

Businesses can make money by converting real dollars to crypto back and forth like money exchange, I don't mind paying like 1% for each transfer since we are already probably doing this with with Visa and MasterCard.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »