Where to buy a good quality Megadrive 2 RCA Cable?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Where to buy a good quality Megadrive 2 RCA Cable?

Post by Ziggy »

Oh, I thought you need cables for a model 2. All model 1 cables are mono audio since the multi AV port doesn't have stereo audio. Anyway, just search "official Mega Drive AV cable" on eBay. You might want to substitute "Mega Drive" for "Genesis" to double your search since I believe the cables are identical in all regions. There's eBay item 223966663913 right now, but it's pretty pricey if you ask me.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Well now I'm confused as the site I linked you to has model 1 composite and they make good shit. Unless you wanted only official. Too bad you weren't going scart as they sell those with an extra cable spliced in to pull stereo from the headphone jack.
msimplay
64-bit

Post by msimplay »

I'm using a patch cable so the video is coming out of the 32x

That aside I have found one and the seller assures me that his cables are better than generic ones you can buy.

I'll try it because I have purchased a GameCube cable from him and it worked perfectly. Pal GameCubes need a specific cable otherwise the picture will look too bright so I'll try it.

One of these

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3295550211
msimplay
64-bit

Post by msimplay »

I can confirm the Megadrive 2 composite cable from from ZedLabs is working very nicely with a brilliant clear picture on a CRT