Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Looking for Documentary recommendations

by stickem Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Anybody watching the docuseries, high score, on netflix (probably a stupid question lol). Some is just rehashing to me, but alot I never knew. Some good stories. It's really well done and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm on the sega genesis episode now.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:24 pm

stickem wrote:Anybody watching the docuseries, high score, on netflix (probably a stupid question lol). Some is just rehashing to me, but alot I never knew. Some good stories. It's really well done and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm on the sega genesis episode now.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out. I might have stumbled across it and added it to my list already, but if I did I have no memory of it and thanks for reminding me! :lol:

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:09 pm

I always like hearing how fun it must have been to work at atari but I wouldn't have gotten any work done, at all.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:56 am

I know the guys (Power Glove) who did the intro soundtrack to High Score. If you dig the music be sure to look them up.
Ack

by Ack Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:47 am

emwearz wrote:I know the guys (Power Glove) who did the intro soundtrack to High Score. If you dig the music be sure to look them up.

Didn't they also do the soundtrack for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? I really enjoy their work.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Ken Burns is the king of 90s documentaries. The style has changed, but he keeps putting things out in the same format. If you like it it is awesome. I actually took some time after watching his Civil War series to travel to all the points near where I live that were mentioned.

But for Documentaries I dont think anyone will recommend:
- Ansel Adams: A documentary film - about one of the best landscape photographers to ever live
- The Camera that Changed the World - about the Eclair camera, which changed film making worldwide.
- Microcosmos - documentary about the lifestyles of insects.
- Spielberg - about his early years
- Visions of Light - About Cinematography and how it has evolved.
- Film Worker - About Leon Vitali who stopped being an actor to help Stanley Kubrick.

And if you want more of a narrative documentaries:
Qatsi series, Samasara/Bakara, and Chronos - about the balance of the world
Russian Ark - Abbreviated history of Russian Royalty through the Winter Palace, in one shot, with 3000 actors. It is incredible.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Ack wrote:
emwearz wrote:I know the guys (Power Glove) who did the intro soundtrack to High Score. If you dig the music be sure to look them up.

Didn't they also do the soundtrack for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? I really enjoy their work.

That's right! They also did the Trials Blood Dragon (bad game, good soundtrack).
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever