Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Post by Gunstar Green »

funk_Farmer wrote:Folks were pretty upset about that and he may be looking at criminal charges. One thing to not be proud of, South Dakota is number one... for covid-19 in one location. Smithfield food packing plant.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-dako ... 020-04-15/

Yeah, we had something similar happen at a meat packing plant near me: https://www.post-gazette.com/business/c ... 2004100111
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

My Board Game Convention was cancelled today.

It was supposed to happen around the middle of June.
They talked about moving it back.

But, it is out right cancelled and I will get a refund on my tickets.

Both my video game and board conventions were cancelled this year.

:cry:
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea both video game-related events here got cancelled. There is another in October. Hope everything blows over before then.

I'm gonna get tested regularly at work now. That's gonna be fun...
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Schools in NY have officially shut down for the rest of the academic year, I was expecting it, so I'm not sure exactly what will happen from here. We are all meeting on Monday to figure it out, but stuff like graduation, prom, awards ceremonies are all probably off the table, which definitely sucks for the kids.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Been working this whole time. I actually think the situation is overblown giving where we are at right now. Everything they're telling us to do is counterintuitive based on what we know about viruses and whatnot.

Hope everyone is safe, and hope this artificial halting of the economy doesn't bite us too hard.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Apparently the Prime Minister has been bandying about the idea of pushing back the start of the school year from April to September to account for a longer lockdown. I know he's already said that the national state of emergency will be going until the end of May, and the school pushback is just something being considered, but given that they're talking about it at all, that makes me think there's a pretty good chance it'll actually happen.

It's not the end of the world either way for me. I just wanna know what's gonna be happening so I can prepare for it Xp
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Earned a second masters, raised funds to pay for over 1,111 meals for the local foodbank, have been holding free online counseling sessions for those with anxiety/depression/addiction/general unease, and have made a fulltime job out of helping people with physical disabilities find meaningful and sustainable employment. And all of that happened in the past couple of weeks.
:)

That's me. Do you. If you aren't doing too hot, talk to someone who cares, and remember just getting through this is an accomplishment. Hang tough.
Also, play some NES Batman games. Or don't. You'll miss out on two wonderful games and one other game if you don't get on it. So think it over.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

NotLuke wrote:Earned a second masters, raised funds to pay for over 1,111 meals for the local foodbank, have been holding free online counseling sessions for those with anxiety/depression/addiction/general unease, and have made a fulltime job out of helping people with physical disabilities find meaningful and sustainable employment. And all of that happened in the past couple of weeks.

That's me. Do you. If you aren't doing too hot, talk to someone who cares, and remember just getting through this is an accomplishment. Hang tough.
Also, play some NES Batman games. Or don't. You'll miss out on two wonderful games and one other game if you don't get on it. So think it over.

Congrats on your second masters. Also, good on you for helping others.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

NotLuke wrote:Earned a second masters, raised funds to pay for over 1,111 meals for the local foodbank, have been holding free online counseling sessions for those with anxiety/depression/addiction/general unease, and have made a fulltime job out of helping people with physical disabilities find meaningful and sustainable employment. And all of that happened in the past couple of weeks.

Nice switcheroo on the pics. Also congrats. You sure did handle all that with ease and aplomb. Definitely pat yourself on the back for that.