Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

My family are terrified due to recent violent hate crime towards asians. I honestly can say that I fear for my family safety and definitely contemplating on purchasing a weapon.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Not violent attacks, but there is a lot of racism here against the Asian population... and it's Canada. I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through that.

I did find this which will hopefully cheer some people up

racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:My family are terrified due to recent violent hate crime towards asians. I honestly can say that I fear for my family safety and definitely contemplating on purchasing a weapon.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I've heard some stories and it blows my mind.
marurun

Post by marurun »

racketboy wrote:
AznKhmerBoi wrote:My family are terrified due to recent violent hate crime towards asians. I honestly can say that I fear for my family safety and definitely contemplating on purchasing a weapon.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I've heard some stories and it blows my mind.

I have not heard of anything locally in my area, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I sure hope it's not widespread, because that's pretty damn dumb to have to deal with.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Missouri Game Con, the large gaming convention I go to every summer was canceled yesterday.

They had a MO Game Con Jr. in February that I went to, so I don't feel so bad. I was at least allowed to go to one gaming convention during the year.

But, the large one in the Summer is probably my favorite day out of the year. It would be the day of the year that I would buy the most games.

I guess I will have to make it up by buying more games at my local stores whenever they open up.

They did mention that they hope to be open for 2021, so there is always next year.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

My shop is no longer considered essential as of today, but we're remaining open (for today only) as we wait on a response allowing us to do curbside pickup or something. Boutta be rough.

I don't qualify for unemployment at all: I don't report income or pay taxes or anything. Which was great until now..
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

SamuraiMegas wrote:My shop is no longer considered essential as of today, but we're remaining open (for today only) as we wait on a response allowing us to do curbside pickup or something. Boutta be rough.

I don't qualify for unemployment at all: I don't report income or pay taxes or anything. Which was great until now..

Apparently there's going to be a simple file for the IRS for people in your situation that provides them with basic information so you can receive the aid payment at least, though they haven't released details yet. Keep an eye on this site: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Around 80-90% of my peers won't be graduating as planned this semester, as amassed client hours are required, and since we aren't allowed to report to our internship sites due to Chancellor's orders, they will not have the hours required to graduate. I'll graduate on time, but there will not be a commencement.

Have one friend who is in the thick of things as his Mother had covid-19, seemed to be on her way to a full recovery, but is now on a ventilator and fighting pneumonia.

Besides that, lots of zoom meetings with friends, missed a funeral for a professor of mine, attending lots of webinars, and telecounseling during the week for those who need it.

Behave, stay safe, be cool.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I have been wearing a P95 for every shift for the past 3 weeks at the supermarket and heaps of small kids have had bad reactions to them. I often talk to little kids and have a friendly chat. Yesterday I had to man the door for 3 hours to make sure we had low numbers in our store (the law now saws 1 person per 4 squared meters in a store or a $10,000 fine not applying this). I had a few little young children in their prams walk past and get scared and then eventually a small child cried.

I was talking to my wife about how much it was bumming me out and she sewed me (she is fantastic) a homemade one with a little slot for a filter (which has a piece of HEPA fabric in it), it has bright multi colours on it. When I am outside or at the counter I will wear it from now on, if I am on the store floor I think I will still wear one of my P95's as the exposure to people is so high, but if I can stop scaring kids for a moment it will make my day much better.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

There's such a big staffing crisis due to the virus that I'm gonna be training people when I'm not even done my probation period