Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

RB 2019 Charity Auction: Call for donations and opinions

by Anapan Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 am

Auction is live:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=53007

Hey all, we're gonna do the charity auction again this year (sorry for the donation-only last year, I was away).
Since it went smoothly before, I'm just going to copy and paste the best stuff here with minor edits, and ask that anyone find and mention a problem before it occurs.

Some quick notes;
Donate small and valuable stuff - carts and discs, books and crafts, controllers and handhelds. because you'll be paying the shipping (* PM me if you have a problem - I'll fix it)

Donations will be accepted throughout the auction thread's live time with a cutoff to be determined* this will be reflected here and in the official topic.

The Racketboy Charity Auction has been a tradition since I started participating in the forum around 2009. It has been a tradition to donate our duplicate or unloved gaming/electronic wares to try to raise funds to benefit an elected charity. It has also been a place where the more artistic of us have created incredible works of art for the cause (I only drink the best of alcohols from my Rackeyboy glass-etched tumbler). I would like to keep the tradition alive because I have always enjoyed the camaraderie that comes from a community joined in a cause, and at the same time competing to win some cool gear at a bargain. IMO this is the epitome of the community here, and I hope as many of you participate as we have had in previous years. Let's strive for over 15 pages of bidding! I have some cool but unloved gear again this year.

Donors are expected to pay for shipping in their own country.

I live in Canada and I may bid on your donation knowing you will pay the shipping. I'll PM you about it and make it OK - same goes for bidders in other far-off countries - if nothing else, I'LL make it OK, tho in previous years one or more members donated to a shipping fund and made it so nobody paid shipping. This is a far-shot, so assume you'll pay shipping before you donate.

I know I have a lot of old gaming gear I've been saving for this. Check your drawers and see if you can help make a difference!

This year again we're sponsoring the same charity as the GDQ. The reason for this is twofold - They are public, and if we time it right they will mention us live and hopefully get more visitors to our forum.

PM me your stuff with pictures so I can make a good bidding post;
cart/disc lots keep it neat and sell stuff easier.

Cheers all! Hope we can have another great charity run this year!

Expect your donations to go live around the 1st of December.
Last edited by Anapan on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy587

Re: RB 2019 Charity Auction: Call for donations and opinions

by Ziggy587 Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks so much for doing this, Anapan! Let me know if you want help with banners or graphics, I can make sure I find the time to get that done.

As for items to donate, I definitely have a few good things this year. Sorry, no repros this year. But I have a good variety of things that I hope find a good home and raise a bit of money.

Do you know who GDQ will be donating to for the January 2020 event?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:49 pm

AGDQ, which will be held January 5th through the 12th will be donating to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

SGDQ, which will be held June 21st through the 28th will be donating to Doctor Without Boarders.

That is the charities they have chosen recently, but they could change it.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm

I was hoping it would be the Prevent Cancer Foundation. I've had friends and family with cancer before (who hasn't?) but this year my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily, something unrelated led to the diagnosis, but otherwise it might have been too late by the time it was found. I know early detection is one of the things the foundation promotes, and I'm all the more happy to have our money go there this year.

I'm going to have a ton of great items to donate this year! Being that I decided to part a good chunk of my collection, that'll mean that I'll have more items than I usually do. I'm also going to ask friend and family to see if they have anything to donate. So I'm definitely gonna have a good amount of items!

Anyone interested in vinyl soundtracks for movies, anime and/or video games?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
Anyone interested in vinyl soundtracks for movies, anime and/or video games?

yup!
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 am

Hey, I have a couple of Video-game vinyl discs too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 am

Bump

I am preparing a couple of old consoles, debating which books to donate, and looking through my game controllers - deciding which i'll never use.
Unsure if I should donate an android box with built in emulators - maybe if I included a paired sixaxis?
I also bought the wrong model of the best famiclone portable. It doesn't support the N8, tho every other thing I tried it did perfectly. It'll come with a NES adapter. A few piles of handheld games. Oh, and my nephew looked through a few pages of the Detective Pikachu book and said it's not for him.

PM me your unwanted carts, books and video game paraphernalia.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:24 am

Expect a PM from me today!
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Bumping this in case any of the regulars haven't seen... or to remind them! If you don't have any items yourself that you can donate, you can always ask friends and family if they have anything they'd be willing to donate.

I think I have some neat items to donated this year. I'll let them be a surprise, but so far I have a few things in brand new and like new condition, game for 5 different systems, 1 bundle, vinyl soundtracks for 2 very popular run and gun classics and 2 more vinyl soundtracks for very popular anime movies.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:56 pm

I have a number of things I'd potentially like to release from my coffers, but I don't really see them having much value to forum members, and I'm not really sure the participation, even for bidding, would make it really worth doing versus me just donating the cash it would cost to ship. Hopefully I'm an outlier in this regard.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever