Anyone familiar with OBS? I'm not getting any sound

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Anyone familiar with OBS? I'm not getting any sound

Post by Soldier Blue »

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube through obs with my PC webcam, but I can't seem get any audio. I also need to get a different file than .json because youtube doesn't allow this. Thank you for any help.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone familiar with OBS? I'm not getting any sound

Post by Key-Glyph »

I can try to help! First, a couple questions:

1. Do you mean you're trying to stream live from OBS, or that you're trying to upload a video that you've previously recorded and exported from OBS?

2. Which of the following sounds aren't you getting: desktop sounds, microphone, certain applications?

3. What version of OBS are you using?

I'm going to assume you're trying to record a video file in OBS to be uploaded to YouTube later. I'll mention a few things that might be an issue, but forgive me if I'm repeating things you already know. I'm using OBS 17.0.2 64-bit for Windows.

Recording settings: You can record whatever's featured in your OBS right away, without the need to stream. To do this, you click the Start Recording button on the far right of the dashboard. OBS will keep recording until you toggle this off, and it will create a video of the extension you've specified in your settings, as well as dump it in a folder you've specified.

If you click on Settings (also on the far right of the dash) and click on the Output tab, you can specify the file path and format of the file.

Audio problem: In OBS, you have to add every source you want to capture into the Sources list. If you click on the plus sign and choose a source (Window Capture, Audio Input Capture, etc.), you will be able to configure it. If you've configured an audio source (or audio is included in the source), you will see it pop up with an adjustable slider in the Mixer column. There you can mute, unmute, and adjust volumes.

Do be aware that not every source includes audio with its capture. For instance, when I stream emulation, the way I capture the emulator window does not include sound. So I instead have my Desktop Audio in general being captured as a catch-all, and I manage the volume level of the emulator and other programs through my regular Windows Volume Mixer. Only my microphone is its own separate entity in my OBS Mixer column.

Your issue might be that 1) you've added your webcam as a source but it doesn't have its own microphone, necessitating the need to add a different audio source for your voice, or 2) that your webcam does include audio but it was automuted in the Mixer column, requiring an unmute.

I hope this helps a little bit, or gets the brain juices flowing toward your own unique solution. Everyone sets up their OBS differently, so my way may not be your way. Good luck!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would