Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mas
Next-Gen

Please give me advice on my dog max

by mas Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Hey everyone,
It’s been a long time since I’ve wrote anything but I need help badly.
See we have a dog named max. We got him at 1or2 years of age. He was abused and my uncle got him away from Kids beating him.

We cleaned him up and he is a memeber if the family. He has bitten before and bite me but we still kept him.

We moved into a new house and in the last year or so we adopted another dog from my wife’s father and 9 months ago we got my brother in law and his dog.

Since then max has snapped on us and we had thoughts of taking him to a school but never did.
He is very protective over my wife to the point in two weeks time he has bitten my two teenage kids and me and bite my brother in law once.

My wife took him to the vet and once he’s at the vet he gets scared and very aggressive. So they didn’t even really checked him but they say he has a mental illness and will worsen over time.

He didn’t check him for a scan or nothing just felt his heart. I don’t want to put him down. I want to try the school at least a couple of times. He’s a very healthy dog and understands well and hasn’t growled since the visit.

If there are any vets who can give me advice and suggestions please do. I have a week before this happens
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Please give me advice on my dog max

by Tanooki Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Well you find a home where he can not compete with other dogs or kids for attention, get him educated/trained if possible, or the nap may be it. Anywhere else won't bother wasting the time, especially any pound/metro/kennel places as biters are the walking dead bluntly put. Also if that dog nailed someone outside of the vet or home, cops/country would get involved and again it would be death sentence plus likely a fine and lawsuit over it too.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 pm

This coming from a four cat owner - plus a Dachshund and Pug
Okay two small dogs do not qualify as your big dog so here goes. First, I can state it takes prolonged patience to have all my house pets get along, but does not take long after a lot of time watching and encouragement.

Hopefully you can get him to calm down. It will take trust and respect from the dog and your family not an outsider training the pooch. Perhaps a lot of walks might help, everyone taking a go at the leash with your wife the bridging trust present. Concerning that the dog snapped at members of the family, I don't think I would want to risk my kids getting bit again. Imagine if you had a friend visit with a toddler, not a good situation.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Sorry, but if my dog bit my kids, he'd have a bullet in his head and there wouldn't be a second time.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 pm

stickem wrote:Sorry, but if my dog bit my kids, he'd have a bullet in his head and there wouldn't be a second time.

In fairness, you posted what I was thinking. Maybe Fido will behave with proper motivation and watched closely every second around kids for at least the next several months.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I've had to give up 2 rotts because they couldn't come around to my newborn 12 years ago. I have a 2 year old pit raised from a pup that seems to think he's over my 7 year old and if that doesn't change, his ass is gone. So I've been there....
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Yeah this sucks because he so good this week. But like my wife and everyone else if he attacks another person and they sued I’m done for
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Well if nothing else you tried to help an abused animal have a better life, but you don't want to be "that guy" on the news whose dog mauls somebody. Unless this is some rat sized dog lol.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 pm

It’s a terrier mix. Small but he bites then drags so it hurts like a bastard at first.
I’m going to do the best and say goodbye this week and have someone come to the house and put him down.
I wish there was another option but there isn’t. Like someone else said he had 7 great years. If my uncle never got him he would of died 7 years ago.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:08 pm

I am going to sound callous, but...you need to have him put down and, then, adopt another, good dog. Far too many really great dogs are euthanized every day, and there is no reason for you to keep an aggressive and dangerous animal in your home.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever