Moving Heavy items within US, best or cheapest Options?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
benderx
Next-Gen

Moving Heavy items within US, best or cheapest Options?

Post by benderx »

I'm moving out huge items from East to the West coast. I'm doing my best to get rid of stuff. USPS for media mail best option for me. What is the best/ cheapest way to mail out multiple consoles like an original PS3 Phat, PS4, xbox 360, Wii, with some accessories. Also considering that I'm flying out would it be cheaper to place them on large luggage, I know there is a price? I know carry on is good, but few would fit in.
If there is a similar post somewhere in Racketboy Forums, send me the link.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Moving Heavy items within US, best or cheapest Options?

Post by racketboy »

Pretty big items? Sometimes something like a freight company might be best. UPS Freight could even be a decent option.

But I would say UPS, in general is your best option for price and reliability.

USPS is also cracking down on restrictions for their cheap options.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

How much stuff are you moving, and what's the context of the move? Are you shipping stuff that you're selling or are you moving across country? Depending on the amount of stuff you can do UPS ground in boxes, look into freight options, or go for a full on van line. It all scales based on how much you send and what your delivery timelines are.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Rent a U-Hal and drive. I drove across the states once (and back but through Canada). It was awesome! And i will never forget it.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

MrPopo wrote:How much stuff are you moving, and what's the context of the move? Are you shipping stuff that you're selling or are you moving across country? Depending on the amount of stuff you can do UPS ground in boxes, look into freight options, or go for a full on van line. It all scales based on how much you send and what your delivery timelines are.

I’ve actually done that as well, but filled up all belongs in two sedans. Interesting experience and got to see the Grand Canyon for the first time.

Although, that move was what caused me to sell a good amount of my old retro collection. I also needed the money at the time, but its why I’m in the middle of rebuilding my Sega CD/32X/Saturn collection :(
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I would do the Griswold Trip style - U-haul car, but thats not possible for me. I've always wanted to do a road trip, game shops, and food locations. Like I have a Sony PVM and I know people want those like crazy, still not sure I want sell it or ps4/360. Consoles are mostly my concern. Like for instance I'm living behind game cases, but still taking the games and labels with me. Might do UPS.

I wanted Ben Heck to fix my sega saturn consoles, but never got a response from element 14.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Can i buy your mint cases? I have games that need case upgrades! hehe
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

SuperDerpBro wrote:Can i buy your mint cases? I have games that need case upgrades! hehe

I was planning to move Vancouver for work 1 or 2 years, but had to make dramatic changes. I sent you a PM. I hate cold snow weather over all and DST in general.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I don't see a PM :/ heh

Problem with Van is RAIIIIIIIIIN.. SO MUCH RAIN. Not so much in Victoria. :P. It only snows here (and Van) like 2 or 3 days a year. Sometimes none :( (I like snow).