RB Charity 2017 Recipient Poll

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean

Which Charity will we support this year?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:38 am

Terry Fox
8%
Riley Children's Hospital
31%
ASPCA
No votes
Food Fortification
No votes
Forum Member/Member's Family
15%
Games Done Quick
46%

Total votes: 13

Anapan
Next-Gen

RB Charity 2017 Recipient Poll

Post by Anapan »

Terry Fox foundation
I ran every year in school. This charity allocates more than any other Canadian charity to cancer research out of it's donations.
Riley Children's Hospital
This hospital was pivotal in the life of the son of a member here.
Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
This charity was responsible for all of my cats except one. Fuchikoma MK 5 approves - she'd be dead.
Food Fortification Initiative
I really want to taste golden rice.
Forum Member or family
Unsure if any member here is in trouble; If anyone knows of someone here that needs help, let me know the details- We love all of our members.
Games Done Quick
I've only watched a few of these, but their cause is always far better thought out than I have put into this poll; Also the gaming celebs (some are patreons of mine) are all too cool.

The Racketboy Charity Auction has been a tradition since I joined around 2009. It has been a tradition to donate our duplicate or unloved gaming/electronic wares to try to raise funds to benefit an elected charity. It has also been a place where the more artistic of us have created incredible works of art for the cause (I only drink the best of alcohols from my Rackeyboy glass-etched tumbler). I would like to keep the tradition alive because I have always enjoyed the camaraderie that comes from a community joined in a cause, and at the same time competing to win some cool gear at a bargain. IMO this is the epitome of the community here, and I hope as many of you participate as we have had in previous years. Let's strive for over 15 pages of bidding! I have some cool but unloved gear again this year. Some of my best gaming trophies came from community members like you.

Votes are changeable, and two votes are considered per user. If you're unsure, listen to members to help decide where and why the winnings are awarded.

Edit(s):
Updated to Two Votes
Games Done Quick added
Poll change reset all votes - sorry :P
Last edited by Anapan on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Re: RB Charity 2017 Recipient Poll

Post by marurun »

I think we're gonna have to do a pick 2. If there isn't an eligible forum member and that category wins, for example, we'll want a good second place.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:I think we're gonna have to do a pick 2. If there isn't an eligible forum member and that category wins, for example, we'll want a good second place.

Agreed
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

I made it a "pick 2" poll. Sorry to step on your toes, Anapan, but I think that's the best way to proceed.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I would also like to propose an addition: an RB lump-sum Games Done Quick donation. It would go to a good charity cause and would also get the RacketBoy name back out there in a major event. Help people AND advertise!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:I would also like to propose an addition: an RB lump-sum Games Done Quick donation. It would go to a good charity cause and would also get the RacketBoy name back out there in a major event. Help people AND advertise!

I absolutely back this idea.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Done. Glad to see this return year after year. I will find some stuff to add to the mix, and be bidding as well.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'm continuing to take donations via PM, or publicly.

Should I start a donation drive topic?

I'll be posting the official bidding topic on or around the 28th (depending on your time zone), and bidding will be officially live on the first of December. Stop time has not been established. Any thoughts?
I plan to keep adding any additional items until the last 5 days of the auction, both to maximize donations (I'll be attempting to refurbish and test devices) and to allow latecomers to participate.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage