NFL Thread 2017

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

NFL Thread 2017

Post by stickem »

It's about that time. Preseason starting up. Zeke suspended. Cutler in at Miami, philly and Buffalo making moves, Titans look strong, Trubisky looks good at qb over gleenon, you got lynch on the raiders. Lots going on. Who's everybody's pick this year? Any interest in somebody setting up a fantasy football league?
Last edited by stickem on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: NFL Thread 2017

Post by stickem »

And oh yeah, you got the dam patriots, with prolly their better teams the last few years, loaded. Should make noise happy. Brandon cooks is going to go off. I'd be drafting him as my #1 wr.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

You know I'm excited, my dude.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Aside from Brady and maybe Gostkowski, New England is a tough club to get any fantasy consistency from. I have a hard time seeing Cooks dramatically improving fantasy-wise considering he moved from a team loaded with offensive weapons to a team... loaded with offensive weapons. I have my eye on Gillislee in the later rounds though - the potential upside for the price looks pretty tempting.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

As an owner of cooks last season on a loaded team. He produced big time. He got his numbers every week. But besides fantasy numbers, he makes them better and the best wr bradys had since moss. We shall see though. Last thing I want is new england to do well lol.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

That video was released last year lol. Went 48th overall to the bengals.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

So the season has truly begun and, being a Lions fan, things began with a bang. The first half was groan inducing and I may have uttered our traditional phrase, "Same Old Lions," but they put on a route after the half. All of the concerns really stepped up their game and it was a convincing win. So happy they won, so happy the chiefs blew out the patriots. Good week!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

So much bad football this weekend... or at least for my fantasy team. Only 67 points in a half-PPR league. The title defense is not off to a good start. :(

I was really happy to see the Cowboys get a win, though. Dak looked solid against what is probably a top-3 defense. Maybe there won't be a sophomore slump. (For the record, we're all Dak fans here in my hometown, we got to see him up close during his tenure here at Miss. State.)
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

dak looked rusty to me. missed alot of throws here and there, but also no mistakes. thank god eli and the giants offense sucked.

i was projected 128 points in a non ppr league. i have 39 with 2 players left lol. allen robinson (out for the year), jimmy graham, kirk cousins along with his wr crowder, ty hilton, and the houston d sucked ass for me. so don't feel bad.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:so happy the chiefs blew out the patriots.

take it easy.