Online Handles

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Online Handles

Post by Segata »

I used to use Ryudo on everything for a long time because I loved Grandia II. I have since phased that name out for many reasons. I've had some other handles I won't get into. Esp my high school user names in the 90s.

My current name is simple really. It's Segata Sanshiro's first name. I typically dislike long user names or random letters and numbers or just numbers in a username. I esp don't like nonsense names so I never use any of these tropes. I really like a username to look like a first name and be simple.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Originally, on the 360, I had a name I can't remember, which I eventually changed to Fiery Duck, which was absolutely terrible. Cue homophobic slurs and "flaming" jokes all over Xbox Live. After that, I changed it to Forlorn Drifter. At some point, I joined this site, picking up the name "The Last Horseman". I eventually lost access to the email tied to that account and my password was changed, so I had to re-sign up under... Forlorn Drifter.

Once I got my PS3, because I was older and less angsty, I decided to go with a new name. I muddled around with a few before picking Green Whiskey, which I liked because its my favorite color and my favorite liquor, along with the fact that "you were killed by Green Whiskey" is hilarious to me.

For a short time I also had a steam account that went by "The Fenris Wolf", which seemed to be taken everywhere else.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

I might know the guy who took it, Forlorn. I knew someone who went by Fenris Wolf for years... Now he goes by Technopop.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Ack wrote:I might know the guy who took it, Forlorn. I knew someone who went by Fenris Wolf for years... Now he goes by Technopop.

Very possible. A lot of Norse mythology names and such were really popular there for a while in general. Maybe because Norse stuff was so popular in metal at the time? I dunno.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

One of 3 official spellings of the cutest character in Waku Waku 7.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Made it up. Back when the family had the huge dictionary sets I busted some of them open trying to look for hilariously goofy things like Egyptian Gods or something. Eventually Xeogred just somehow came about.

Before that, my Cringe Handles were:

AIM: PhantomFF7 and then ZMasterSephiroth was used for a lot of stuff. Neon Protoman. Yikes.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Didn't ever have an online handle for a long time. I played a ridiculous amount of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for years. For a large part of that I used a team of Nova, Spencer, and Dr Strange. Hence Strangenova, also my son's name is Spencer Nova. I'm so creative aren't I?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

strangenova wrote:Didn't ever have an online handle for a long time. I played a ridiculous amount of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for years. For a large part of that I used a team of Nova, Spencer, and Dr Strange. Hence Strangenova, also my son's name is Spencer Nova. I'm so creative aren't I?

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Segata wrote:
strangenova wrote:Didn't ever have an online handle for a long time. I played a ridiculous amount of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for years. For a large part of that I used a team of Nova, Spencer, and Dr Strange. Hence Strangenova, also my son's name is Spencer Nova. I'm so creative aren't I?

That's my kids baby picture!
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Pet name from an ex-girlfriend.

Recently, I've grown not to like it, but I also use it everywhere, so it would be difficult to change it. Also, I can't really think of another name, so I'll just be happy with it.

Sometimes, its Markies123 and that is my birthday on the end. Once again, not very creative.