Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Segata
Next-Gen

Netflix Castlevania Trailer...it looks awesome!

by Segata Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA

Seriously it honestly looks good! :shock:
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Netflix Castlevania Trailer...it looks awesome!

by Gunstar Green Wed May 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Looks like it's based on Castlevania 3 which is a good idea since it gives them an ensemble cast including fan-favorite Alucard. I liked a lot of Netflix's original animation so far so I'm looking forward to this.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 am

I had no idea this was happening, but it looks cool. I'll be watching it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu May 25, 2017 6:39 am

Gunstar Green wrote:Looks like it's based on Castlevania 3 which is a good idea since it gives them an ensemble cast including fan-favorite Alucard. I liked a lot of Netflix's original animation so far so I'm looking forward to this.

I thought that was the case!

I think that even if the writing isn't great, it looks like it'll at least be entertaining. It's got blood, so hopefully they won't shy away from being really gruesome, and the animation is looking great. I'm excited :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am

I didn't realize it was going to be animated. At any rate. It's Castlevania. I'll watch it.

EDIT: That made it sound like I have something against animation. I don't. I just for some reason thought this would be like Netflix's Marvel shows, but for Castlevania. But either way, this looks good and I'm excited.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am

Yes! This looks as good as I hoped it would.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 am

noiseredux wrote:I didn't realize it was going to be animated. At any rate. It's Castlevania. I'll watch it.

EDIT: That made it sound like I have something against animation. I don't. I just for some reason thought this would be like Netflix's Marvel shows, but for Castlevania. But either way, this looks good and I'm excited.

Honestly I thought it was gonna be live action as well. I was hoping for lots of crazy-ass practical effects, but I'm fine with grotesque animated gore as well :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 am

I don't mind it being animated, in fact I think it'll be better that way. I'm just glad it's not CGI (à la Pixar).

I would feel that being animated as oppose to live action would suit the series better anyway, but it also gives me a nostalgic feeling. During the 80's and early 90's, all the popular video game franchises had Saturday morning cartoon adaptations. So either way I look at it, it just seems like animation is the right way to go.

I like how the trailer starts off with a NES toaster and a CRT TV, and a very 80's / early 90's looking TV at that. The first thing that popped into my head was that NetFlix isn't out of touch with consumers, like too many other big companies these days.

Castlevania III was definitely a good choice. Not only does it give them a good pool of supporting characters, but it's also one of the most popular games in the series. I bet the creators had a hard time and lots of long arguments deciding between CV3 and Symphony of the Night. Between Rondo of Blood and SotN, there's also a good amount of characters to work with, as well as those two games also being fan favorites. There's no reason they can't do a season of CVIII, or multiple seasons, then jump into Rondo / SotN. I think that would be neat-o.
IcKy99
Next-Gen

by IcKy99 Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Im glad this is being animated instead of live action, for some reason I think a live action Castlevania series wouldn't work. Castlevania 3 is what it looks to be based on and I'm definitely looking forward to watching!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Castlevania III was definitely a good choice. Not only does it give them a good pool of supporting characters, but it's also one of the most popular games in the series. I bet the creators had a hard time and lots of long arguments deciding between CV3 and Symphony of the Night. Between Rondo of Blood and SotN, there's also a good amount of characters to work with, as well as those two games also being fan favorites. There's no reason they can't do a season of CVIII, or multiple seasons, then jump into Rondo / SotN. I think that would be neat-o.

If its popular enough, I suppose anything could happen. They've got a lot of source material to work with. They could do Rondo and SotN in the second season after developing Alucard then conclude the series with Aria of Sorrow. I don't think that will happen, but it'd be neat.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever