Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: 80s/90s anime with mech

by Gunstar Green Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am

Segata wrote:I cannot get into Robotech. I have tried.

How is Gundam 00,MSG 08th,MSteam and MSG Origin on Hulu?

Macross does not equal Robotech... But at least consider giving Do You Remember Love? and Macross Plus a shot. DYRL is a buffet of 80's sci-fi visuals.

Gundam 00 is pretty mediocre but it is an alternate universe show that stands on its own. O8th MS Team is fine but you'd get more out of it having at least seen the original Gundam movies so you understand the conflict.

Origin is a prequel to Mobile Suit Gundam and will mean nothing to someone who's not already well versed in UC Gundam. It's more about politics and character backstories. It's also still in production, next episode is in September and the final episode is sometime next year.

Mobile Suit Gundam is like the Star Wars of Japan so any works in the UC universe tend to assume familiarity with the original.
marurun

Re: 80s/90s anime with mech

by marurun Tue May 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Segata wrote:I cannot get into Robotech. I have tried.

How is Gundam 00,MSG 08th,MSteam and MSG Origin on Hulu?

Try the original Japanese Macross subtitled instead. You might like it better. I do. Also, you don't need to know any of the back story, really, to watch Macross Plus.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever