Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Puppy Help

by stickem Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Yeah I've been battling food agression with my 8 month old since he was 4 months. He's a pit and cool with kids, but nobody better get close to him when he eats. If I can't fix that, his ass is gone...if anybody has any suggestions.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 pm

stickem wrote:Yeah I've been battling food agression with my 8 month old since he was 4 months. He's a pit and cool with kids, but nobody better get close to him when he eats. If I can't fix that, his ass is gone...if anybody has any suggestions.

I've read that you have to make them wait for the food, you eat first then you make his food, but don't let him get to it until you give him a word or something to let him know it's time to eat. That's what I've read at least and I'm doing it for my pup, I haven't had any possessive tendencies out of him yet.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 pm

stickem wrote:Yeah I've been battling food agression with my 8 month old since he was 4 months. He's a pit and cool with kids, but nobody better get close to him when he eats. If I can't fix that, his ass is gone...if anybody has any suggestions.

I'll ask my wife tomorrow, she goes to bed at 9pm religiously so it's too late now.

One of our dogs is very food aggressive, she's a terrier-lab mix. I just feed her locked away from the other dogs and cats, until everybody's done eating. I don't know how my wife handles that dog because she feeds them in the morning, and I feed them at night. I don't watch how she feeds them because I'm asleep when that's going on.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm

My vet told me how would I like it if people bothered me while I ate and to feed the dog in a separate room. I think that advice is fucking stupid and ignoring the problem. I have 2 kids and will put a bullet in a dogs head before I end up with a bit kid and on the news for another pitbull attack story.other than that the pup is great.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 am

stickem wrote:My vet told me how would I like it if people bothered me while I ate and to feed the dog in a separate room. I think that advice is fucking stupid and ignoring the problem. I have 2 kids and will put a bullet in a dogs head before I end up with a bit kid and on the news for another pitbull attack story.other than that the pup is great.

If you feel this dog is a danger to your family, please release it to a pit bull relocation program, rather than wait until a problem happens and shooting the dog. Pit bulls are not the best idea for a family dog and certainly not a great choice for children.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sat May 20, 2017 9:27 am

I actually did a ton of research , before the purchase, that says the complete opposite. But I get why folks think that.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Mon May 29, 2017 4:06 pm

So any recommendations on handling a puppies possessive traits?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever