Do you or know someone who has metal health issues?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Do you or know someone who has metal health issues?

Post by Reprise »

I have suffered with mild anxiety and depression through most of my life. I've always kind of hidden it, although there are a couple of time where it affected my life and couldn't hide it. I used to self-harm, but haven't done that in years and years.

My anxiety mostly makes me scared of social situations. I tend to make up a lot of excuses why I can't go to things or see friends. Some of my friends think I'm a bit of a hermit or are lazy, but it's completely down to my anxiety.

About 16 years ago I had a few weeks off in high school, due to refusing to attend because of anxiety. Then a couple of years back I had a bit of a mental breakdown and had about 4 months off work with depression and stress. I was on antidepressants for about 7 months and then came off them by own choice. I used to be a teacher, but couldn't return to doing that after my 'breakdown', so got a different, less stressful job instead.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I have various forms of debilitating anxiety such as ocd and social anxiety, an episode of psychosis, and type 2 bipolar. I have some smaller stuff too like paranoid/delusional thoughts and hallucinations, but those only occur when I'm anxious or stressed. The worst is probably my dark mind telling me to either do very bad things or that very bad things will happen to me.

I have learned to accept it and am slowly working on how to fight those thoughts.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I am getting better at conquering it and am so glad. It seems to be a routine, with the worst being March to May. I had my bipolar low, and I managed to not attempt suicide. I had a psychotic episode, and I didn't need to go the hospital. Now I'm at my bipolar high, which will be a struggle. A few days ago I wanted to buy a bunch of consoles. I managed to resist that, but now I wanna spend $100 on a new youtube intro/outro for my channel. I also wanna get some more alcohol and drugs right now which I haven't done in like a year and it always makes me worse. This is gonna be fun lol