Booting Up Content Again in the Near Future - Who's In?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Booting Up Content Again in the Near Future - Who's In?

Post by alienjesus »

I've thought a few times about writing a guide about the best deals on psn, virtual console etc for retro games compared to physical price, but issues with identifying prices for the physical versions over multiple regions always put me off. Would an article like that work if I just left out the price comparison and spoke about the games instead?
marurun

Post by marurun »

So like a "best buys" guide to various on-line virtual console services? That could be cool, yeah.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Yeah, basically calling attention to stuff like You can have Radiant Silvergun, Demons Crest or The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for under a tenner each! If you just wanna play them, why spend 200 quid on the original cd or cartridge?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

That's an excellent idea. There are a ton of rare games on download services that are worth playing, and alerting folks to their availability.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I've got a couple ideas - first one refreshing my work from 6 years ago but I feel like there's a ton we can source from forum threads here to make nice long form pieces.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

One of the suggestions I've made a couple times in the past is featuring a weekly or monthly review written by an established forum member. It's not going to grab as many readers as the other mentioned ideas, but since a lot of us already have a lot of reviews written (and I'm sure wouldn't mind allowing their use), it could at least give us a regular flow of content of some kind even if not premium view-getting stuff.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

We should also consider reviews of new and indie title that have retro-appeal.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:We should also consider reviews of new and indie title that have retro-appeal.

I'm not as big into the indie scene, but those of you who've kept up with my Games Beaten contributions know that I frequently play games as soon as they come out.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:One of the suggestions I've made a couple times in the past is featuring a weekly or monthly review written by an established forum member. It's not going to grab as many readers as the other mentioned ideas, but since a lot of us already have a lot of reviews written (and I'm sure wouldn't mind allowing their use), it could at least give us a regular flow of content of some kind even if not premium view-getting stuff.

Even if we did a monthly compilation - maybe 5 or so and work up as a running series . Keep it retro focused to jive with site focus. This is a good idea
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I like that idea, too, Elkin. A lot of folks are already doing detailed reviews, and it's not that everything has to be a long-form article. Content is king, and if you're always cycling in something new, readership will tend to keep up a bit more.