Cartoon Network - Nickelodeon - Sponge Bob 100 Episode Set

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Looney Tunes - DVD Sets

Post by CRTGAMER »

Xeogred wrote:Are there anthology/collections of classic cartoons out there? Like Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Wild Coyote, Looney Tunes, etc? Was talking about old cartoons growing up as a kid back in the day and I'm glad I still got to see a lot of the classic stuff. I have a young nephew and still think they might air this stuff somewhere, but yeah.

Bump to answer another Thread, see previous page for updates. Picture below for the OP, updated Bobs Burgers DVD-R issue.

Bobs Burgers Seasons 1-5.jpg
Bobs Burgers Seasons 1-5.jpg (131.72 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I even posted in this last year and forgot. Thanks for the bump CRT.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Where was the other old cartoon thread? Thought we had one somewhere... I'm trying to figure out what the best sets of the Super Mario Bros shows are.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Are any of the old Nick shows streaming anywhere? I'd like to get my kiddo to watch them but trying to cut down on physical movie puchases.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Looks like Hulu has Hey Arnold! and Doug.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Cartoon DVD Sets - Family Guy Season 15 - Nov 7 Release

Post by CRTGAMER »

UPDATED THE OP

Family Guy Season 15 - Release date is November 7th, 2017. So far Best Buy has the lowest price at $14.99.

Been lucky even when buying older Family Guy seasons as used; own all with outer cardboard sleeve! :mrgreen:
Ziggy587 wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:Are any of the old Nick shows streaming anywhere? I'd like to get my kiddo to watch them but trying to cut down on physical movie puchases.
Looks like Hulu has Hey Arnold! and Doug.

As in syndication, not permanent. Some Nickelodeon cartoon series all seasons compilation DVD Sets are only twenty bucks! The DVDs are space saving considering how many discs inside. Netflix removed King of The Hill some time ago; the show can be seen sporadically on Cartoon Network Adult Swim. Bobs Burgers was on Netflix not sure if still available; also syndication on Adult Swim.

King Of The Hill - Best Buy - Seasons 7-8-11-12 ($24.99 $15.99 New) 8)
Not a huge saving, but nine bucks off for new sealed DVDs. Some older seasons at the Best Buy site still available for $13.99. I have been buying King Of The Hill sets as I have been finding deals. Placed an order for Seasons 7, 8, 11 and 12 since they are on sale at the Best Buy site. Weird how no sense of order in which seasons on sale.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=king+of+the+hill

ImageImageImageImage

Spoiler is for the OP, answers posted there.
King Of The Hill Characters.jpg
King Of The Hill Characters.jpg (55.36 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Cartoon DVD Sets - Family Guy Season 15 - Nov 7 Release

Post by CRTGAMER »

I could not find a dedicated Best Buy Thread; posting here for King Hill DVD order update with Gamestop Evil layout.

The Good
I had placed an order for some King of The Hill DVDs that were on sale for nine dollars off each season. A good price considering not available in the store and free shipping direct to my home! :D

The Bad
The thick cardboard envelope arrived, but appeared too small to hold three DVD season sets let alone one DVD case. Upon opening the package, three music Heavy Metal CDs inside. I mean real hard core screaming heavy metal, I know Blue Oyster Cult but not these titles. As Hank Hill would say "Now that ain't right!" :lol:

The Best Buy site has no immediate communication for shipment errors though there is a worthless review box. This would not help in getting the DVDs while still on sale status. At the bottom of the page it did mention return product direct at the local store. :?:

The Ugly
Due to the unusual circumstance of wrong order inside the mailer which included an invoice for another customer in a different city, I went to the store. The employee at returns along with her supervisor stated "not their fault" and that I would have to go back to the Best Buy online site! :?

The Outstanding
I then requested a manager who saw the situation and cheerfully telephoned the Best Buy online order desk. After explaining the situation, she handed the phone to me for a confirm that I am the customer. At first, the order desk recommended just refunding the CDs to the store and place a whole new order.

A refund reorder would have a couple of issues.

1. The CDs received not same price as DVDs ordered and different UPCs.
2. Store did not carry the CD titles or King Hill DVDs in their local system.
3. DVDs online sale may expire, needed this processed today.

After I explained the issues, the order desk processed new orders one for each DVD; new shipments to be sent at no additional charge. I gave the music CDs to the store manager to process back. After getting home, confirmed what the online desk mentioned; a separate Email announcement for each title processed notating two day free express shipping. Now expecting multiple packages in the mail in a few days. :mrgreen:

Thrown in to laugh off this mess.

nullPointer
128-bit

Re: Cartoon DVD Sets - Family Guy Season 15 - Nov 7 Release

Post by nullPointer »

As a bit of a conniseur of metal music, I'm super curious to know what CDs were in that mailer! :lol: Good luck with your order; sounds like a real adventure. :lol: Hopefully they manage to get it right this time.
Last edited by nullPointer on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Cartoon Network - Nickelodeon - The Lost Sleeve Liner Note

Post by CRTGAMER »

UPDATED THE OP - DVD/BluRay Case Limited Run Cardboard Sleeve and Obsolete Booklet Holder

nullPointer wrote:As a bit of a connoisseur of metal music, I'm super curious to know what CDs we're in that mailer! :lol: Good luck with your order; sounds like a real adventure. :lol: Hopefully they manage to get it right this time.

Apologies, did not recognize the names and had based on the Gothic "Metallica" font, album cover graphics and Best Buy employee comment. Should have wrote down the titles for my post, especially since the employee mentioned titles that are not carried in the store. This confirms to check the online site if a store does not carry a particular title.

Good news is an update two Emails showing two separate packages on the way, one package has two season sets. :mrgreen:

----------------------------

EDIT UPDATE REPOST - 11-07-2017
:mrgreen: The King Hill DVDs came in yesterday, two envelopes of correct shipments. A nice bonus, I also picked up Family Guy Season 15 which was just released yesterday. Bet Buy had it on sale matched to the online price at $14.99. One advantage of buying a DVD or Bluray near the release date is getting the case with the outer liner. Most movies have identical liners, some as in Family Guy have different artwork on the liner; pictured above in my earlier post on this page.

I use clear plastic envelopes to protect the cardboard liner, have a pile saved from BookOff movie purchases. :idea:

----------------------------

EDIT UPDATE REPOST TWO - 11-11-2017
Just checked the Best Buy site to see if the other seasons might now be on sale.

Curses now all the later seasons are back to regular price; Olive Films Produced King Hill Seasons 7-12 $24.99. Glad I went directly to the store last week and the Store Manager made that phone call to the Best Buy Online store! I'll keep an eye at the site, Black Friday coming up soon. Just hope with the anticipated increased orders my purchase will not get a mix up again!

DVD/Bluray - Keep Case Booklet Holder Obsolete
The case booklet holder may eventually go away, no longer needed considering most movies today do not include liner notes, just a worthless one year available digital download code slip of paper! I intend to buy the remaining three season I am lacking as sealed to ensure getting the Olive Films flyer inside. I know not a big deal, but the flyers do list other seasons of the Hills; giving a purpose for the booklet holder inside each case.
Attachments
King Hill Olive Films Insert.JPG
King Hill Olive Films Insert.JPG (69.09 KiB) Viewed 3209 times

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Cartoon Network - Nickelodeon - The Lost Sleeve Liner No

Post by Jagosaurus »

Worth noting Google Play has the following available for purchase by episode or season. The seasons ranged from $3 to $14 & episode from $1 to $2 of you wanted to cherry pick a few favorites. Price depending on show.

Also Google Play will let you download to watch when not online (through their app still so not DRM free).

Doug
Rugrats
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy
Invader Zim
Hey Arnold!

They might have more. Just checked my personal favorites there. Unfortunately, Angry Beavers was listed but unavailable.