Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Cartoon Network - Nickelodeon - Sponge Bob 100 Episode Set

Post by CRTGAMER »

Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Looney Tunes - DVD Sets
ImageImage

Sponge Bob DVD Episode Sort List is at the top of Page Three
(Sort out which DVDs to keep to prevent duplicate episodes)

A Thread for posting Cartoon Video Collections discovered or owned. Note that there is a separate Anime Recommendations Thread, best to post any Japanese Anime in the other Thread linked below.

Anime Recommendations- viewtopic.php?p=409536#p409536

My ongoing Criterion Thread, this publishing house has very high standards preserving movies.

Criterion Guide - Barnes & Noble 50% Off Twice Year Sale - viewtopic.php?p=899351#p899351

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shout! Factory

In the past, older Nickelodeon Cartoons were released exclusive thru Amazon as "Best Of" DVD-Rs. Shout Factory took over eventually releasing individual Season DVDs. I noticed that Walmart and Best Buy have in stock Nickelodeon Complete Series Collections; the entire sets actually were released by Shout Factory a couple of years ago!

The DVDs now are averaging at $19.99 for each Complete Collection set! :shock:

Shout Factory Site - https://www.shoutfactory.com/collection/nickelodeon

The DVD video is not HD Quality, reviews point to the prints having slight rough edges at times with color and black levels inconsistent. Having purchased some titles, the videos are better then original broadcast, but are not quite sharp as I would expect on a DVD and certainly not "Criterion" quality. However, Video is fine, well worth getting at the price.

Rocko's Modern Life Complete Series - Best Buy $19.99
At first I thought this had the characters of Cow and Chicken, in particular the red devil. Realized instead, the series had characters such as the toad Mr Big Head, okay now coming back to me.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/59229/rockos-modern-life-the-complete-series/

As one of the many bright spots in 1990s animation, Rocko's Modern Life (1993-96) picked up a strong following during its time on Nickelodeon. 52 two-part weekly episodes starred Rocko the wallaby and a small cast of supporting characters, including his dog Spunky, friend Heifer and neighbors The Bigheads. Rocko's Modern Life was a true "cartoon's cartoon", chock full of wacky plots, questionable physics and very little running continuity...and fans wouldn't have it any other way. Created by animator Joe Murray, this wasn't the first animated series from that era with a semi-regular dosage of off-color sight gags (see also: Ren and Stimpy, Animaniacs, etc.), but Rocko certainly got away with plenty of close calls during its original broadcast run. Though many of the syndicated episodes trimmed away some of Rocko's more "offensive" bits, what's left is still a sterling example of animation for immature children of all ages.

CatDog Complete Collection - Best Buy $34.99 $19.99 :mrgreen:

The Best Buy site for this set at $34.99, yet I spotted CatDog Complete Collection right on the store shelf last week for $19.99. Jump on this, a funny series and cheaper then online!

Angry Beavers Complete Collection - Walmart $19.99 $17.39 :)

Ooh a drop in price at the Walmart website compared to the store shelf, perhaps due to Cyber Monday Sale today? I know the title was in the store last week at $19.99, chose free store pickup to get the online lower price. A later cartoon of the vintage Nickelodeon era, and very funny. The purchase tease for me is really wanting to see the 50s Sci Fi themed episode. After purchase, watched it first, the animation well done with a Jack Kirby touch! :D

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/49772/angry-beavers-seasons-1-2-the/

The best episode out this collection, a remarkable effort called The Day the Earth Got Really Screwed Up <Season 2 Episode 10>, written by Mitch Schauer and featuring hilarious voice work from Peter Graves, Adrienne Barbeau, William Shallert ("Let me show you a little film I made...."), Jonathan Haze and John Byner, is an absolutely stunning take-off on '50s monster films, beautifully designed and executed on an epic scale (looking like the greatest Johnny Quest episode you never saw), which manages to achieve its own B-movie cult status while spoofing its very own conventions (when screaming heroine Toluca Lake keeps running from the monsters and breaking her ankles, you know you're watching something very special).

For lovers of B-movies and '50s sci-fi/monster fests, this episode is worth the price of The Angry Beavers: Seasons 1 & 2 alone.

AAAHH! Real Monsters Complete Series - Walmart $19.99 $16.99 :shock:

Another reduced price free store pickup, also was in the store last week at $19.99. I bought this on a whim not remembering too much about the episodes other then very bizarre characters.

Bobs Burgers

Image Image

Picture above left from Wikipedia shows initial look of characters with older son instead of daughter. I bought Bobs Burgers Season 1 and disappointed to read online that Seasons 2 thru 4 are on Retail *DVD-Rs*. Debating if I should buy the additional "burned copy" Seasons. Perhaps after so many sales, a second real pressing? :?

Strapped4Cash wrote:
bevilacq12 wrote:Amazon MOD Fox Home titles actually pressed in some cases
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/633575-amazon-mod-titles-actually-pressed-some-cases.html

I've long-avoided MOD titles - the general lower quality and shorter expected lifespan irk me as a collector, so I've generally decided to hold off for pressed discs (either by eventual Shout/Mill Creek acquisition, a foreign release, or maybe a Blu-ray one day). However, it seems that, in at least some small number of cases, Amazon is shipping pressed discs.

So Fox must create the DVD authorings and let companies enter a deal with them to actually produce discs and distribute them. Amazon is one such company, and they alternate between burning (usually) and pressing (occasionally).

There is some Willette Acquisition Corp. that also deals with Fox, and their discs are what you can buy from Target, Best Buy, Walmart, ImportCDs, DVDEmpire, etc. - I've always assumed these are always burned, but who knows. You'd think if they're distributing to all these places that it would make sense to replicate pressed discs in 500-count batches, but clearly they don't think so... Does anyone have any info to the contrary, i.e., you've purchased these Fox MOD titles from non-Amazon retailers and gotten pressed discs?

Of the titles I ordered, the results are as follows:
- Bob's Burgers season 2 - pressed
- Bob's Burgers season 3 - pressed
- Bob's Burgers season 4 - DVD-R

Fairly good results all around, though Bob's Burgers season 4 being DVD-R kills me because Bob's Burgers is one of my all-time favorite shoes and I know from other forums that pressed versions of season 4 definitely exist.
The last couple of Fox discs I tried last year were DVD-R's, but I took a chance recently on Fox's Tyrant Season 2, hoping they would press some again for the holidays, and it looks pressed. The barcode was much smaller and it was shrinked rather than in cellophane, but the shrink says "Made in Mexico", and the discs are silver.
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/whats-the-last-tv-dvd-you-bought.168965/page-384

Okay, I finally broke down and bought Bob's Burgers S5 and American Dad volume 11 from Amazon.

Yes, I know they're supposed to be MOD burned discs, but I've been collecting the series this long, I'm okay with it. Plus, I'm okay with 20-ish per set for just about any full season of a show, and they had hit that price.

Anyway... Bob's Burgers Season 5 are pressed discs!

Has anyone got any word of Fox doing this for their MoD titles now, or what? Will American Dad also be pressed when I get it? If I were to buy Aways Sunny S11, will THAT be pressed?

I'm confused now, because I had resigned myself to purple DVD-Rs with series like these. Now, Pressed discs are coming in the mail for series that haven't been pressed in 3 years, direct from Amazon, not a third party or anything.

Note Season 2 cover. Bob's son imitates his Dad in one of the episodes, its so funny! :D

Take a close look at all the covers, each character is dressed from a different scene. Regular watchers to the series should be able to recognize which episodes. :idea:

Wiki wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob%27s_Burgers

In 2013, TV Guide ranked Bob's Burgers as one of the top 60 Greatest TV Cartoons of All Time. The series has been nominated for several awards, including the Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 2012 and 2013, before it won the award in 2014. On October 7, 2015, Fox renewed the series for seventh and eighth production cycles. The seventh season premiered on September 25, 2016.

I have been getting hooked on syndicated Bobs Burgers on Adult Swim. The show is very funny and the two younger kids are evil crazy funny! Even all the supporting cast, great voices and dialog. Stupid move when Bobs Burgers gets bumped off by the Cleveland Show (not funny) and American Dad (boring) randomly on certain nights. What is Fox and Cartoon Network thinking when Bobs Burgers and Family Guy are so much better shows?

Family Guy
This cartoon is so much more better then Seth's other two cartoons; the Movie and TV parodies are hilarious! Every episode has so much hidden treasure to throw you off laughing. :D

Guess what Peter is parodying in slow motion and in the second airplane chase picture? :lol:

Image Image

Ziggy587 wrote:"We can rebuild him, we have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money." :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKwX5fLJ5E

Family Guy Freakin' Party Pack (Seasons 1-5) - $25 BookOff :mrgreen:
Already have all Season DVDs, but could not pass up on all the souvenirs. Everything brand crisp new condition, the Playing Cards and Poker Chips still sealed.
ImageImage

I own the entire series and most of extras Family Guy DVDs including multiple exclusive Target editions, Stewie Untold, all 3 Star Wars, Terms Endearment. If anyone is into Family Guy, look for all the Target exclusives for bonus discs, script booklets, art books and posters.

Image Image

DVD/BluRay - Limited Run Outer Cardboard Liner
One advantage of buying a DVD or Bluray near the release date is getting the case with the outer liner. Most movies have identical liners, some as in Family Guy have different artwork on the liner and insert. I use clear plastic envelopes to protect the cardboard liner, have a pile saved from BookOff movie purchases. Been lucky even when buying older Family Guy seasons as used; own all with outer cardboard sleeve! 8)
King Of The Hill

How many characters can you name? :?:
Wiki wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_King_of_the_Hill_characters

BACK ROW LEFT TO RIGHT

1. Didi Hill (voiced by Ashley Gardner) Didi is Cotton's second wife and a candy striper.
2. Minh Souphanousinphone (voiced by Lauren Tom) Kahn's wife, like her husband, Minh grew up in Laos.
3. Kohng Koy "Kahn" Souphanousinphone (voiced by Toby Huss) Kahn is Hank's materialistic, Laotian next-door neighbor.
4. Margaret "Peggy" J. Platter Hill (voiced by Kathy Najimy) Hank's wife, born in Montana raised on family's cattle ranch.
5. Hank Rutherford Hill (voiced by Mike Judge) Proudly sells "propane and propane accessories" at Strickland Propane.
6. Luanne Leanne Platter Kleinschmidt (voiced by Brittany Murphy) The Hills' college-age niece.
7. Jeff Boomhauer (voiced by Mike Judge) Mutterings are hard to understand to the audience easily understood by friends.
8. Sgt. William "Bill" Fontaine Delatour Dauterive (voiced by Stephen Root) Overweight, divorced, depressed neighbor.
9. Dale Alvin Gribble A.K.A."Rusty Shackleford" (voiced by Johnny Hardwick) Chain-smoking insect exterminator.
10. Nancy Hicks-Gribble (voiced by Ashley Gardner) Dale's wife, anchor for local news station Channel 84.
11. John Redcorn (voiced by Victor Aaron in 1997, Jonathan Joss in 1998–2009) Nancy's American Indian former "healer".

FRONT ROW LEFT TO RIGHT

12. Col. Cotton Lyndal Hill (voiced by Toby Huss) Cantankerous father, hair-trigger temper, proud of military service.
13. Kahn "Connie" Souphanousinphone, Jr. (voiced by Lauren Tom) Daughter of Kahn, and one of Bobby's best friends.
14. Robert Jeffrey "Bobby" Hill (voiced by Pamela Adlon) — Hank and Peggy's husky 13-year-old son.
15. Joseph John Gribble (voiced by Brittany Murphy in 1997-2000, Breckin Meyer in 2000-2009) Dale's 13-year-old son.
16. Ladybird Hill (Not pictured) Georgia Bloodhound named after the First Lady of the United States Lady Bird Johnson.
The series is hilarious with support from memorable characters; especially Dale who always thinks there are conspiracies. Hank is always over the top law abiding citizen! Found a site that breaks down each character that really explains the series.

https://sethnewman.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/king-of-the-hill-review-yup-yup-yup-mmmmhmmmm/

The show was created by Mike Judge, creator of Beavis and Butt-head. While I didn’t see many episodes of Beavis and Butt-head I did catch one where they have a neighbor who resembles Hank Hill, main character of King Of The Hill. Clearly, inspiration from Judge’s earlier work played a role in creating Hank Hill.

So, who is Hank Hill? Hank, is the perfect citizen for the United States, a resident of Arlen, Texas, Hank does no wrong. If Hank wrote out the things most important to him, his list in order would go 1.God 2.The United States of America 3.Propane 4.The Dallas Cowboys. He hopes for jury duty every year, volunteers to help anyone and anything he can because it’s his job as a citizen, and follows every law and rule to a T. For instance, in an episode, Hank is chasing his son’s principal through the school after learning the school is putting dumb students (including his son) into special ed classes to raise the school’s SAT scores. The principal runs through an “Emergency Exit” door and outside. Hank reads the sign and refuses to go through the door, letting the principal escape. That’s just his personality which leads to hilarious laugh out loud moments in his life because of his innocence and trusty in people that they are always doing the right thing.

King Of The Hill almost did not get a complete all season home release! :shock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Hill#Format_change

Home Media

The first six seasons were released on DVD by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment from 2003 to 2006. The seventh season was originally going to be released in late 2006, but, most likely due to poor sales of the DVDs, the release was cancelled. However, in 2014, Olive Films got the sub-license to release future seasons of the show, seasons seven and eight were released on November 18, 2014, with nine and ten released on April 7, 2015, eleven released on August 25, 2015, twelve released on September 22, 2015, and final thirteen released (also Blu-ray) on October 20, 2015.

Netflix streamed all episodes, but stopped streaming on October 1, 2013 and in early 2017 King of the Hill episodes were removed by FOX from iTunes and Google Play without explanation.

Note the last line in the quote above. As in syndication reruns, streaming is not permanent; the only way to watch all the episodes when you want is to own the DVDs. Some Nickelodeon cartoon series all seasons compilation DVD Sets are only twenty bucks! The DVDs are space saving considering how many discs inside. Netflix removed King of The Hill some time ago; the show can be seen sporadically on Cartoon Network Adult Swim. Bobs Burgers was on Netflix not sure if still available; also syndication on Adult Swim.

King Of The Hill - Best Buy - Seasons 7-8-11-12 ($24.99 $15.99 New) 8)
Not a huge saving, but nine bucks off for new sealed DVDs. Some older seasons at the Best Buy site still available for $13.99. I have been buying King Of The Hill sets as I have been finding deals. Placed an order for Seasons 7, 8, 11 and 12 since they are on sale at the Best Buy site. I recently picked up Season 7, 8. 11 and 12 at the Best Buy site since they were on sale. Strange on the correlation of seasons that were on sale.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=king+of+the+hill

ImageImageImageImage

I own most of the DVDs; "That ain't right"! Three more (9-10-13) to go. :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

DVD/BluRay - Keep Case Booklet Holder Obsolete
The case booklet holder may eventually go away, no longer needed considering most movies today do not include Liner Notes, just a worthless one year available digital download code slip of paper! I intend to buy the remaining three seasons as sealed to ensure getting the Olive Films flyer inside. I know not a big deal, but the flyers do list other seasons of the Hills; giving a purpose for the booklet holder inside each case. Click image below for YouTube video.

Warner Brothers Studios Looney Tunes
Also watched the new Wabbit DVD checked out from the Library. The Bugs remake is not quite the "Sneaky Funny Stinker" of the originals. However, the new version cartoon still pretty good with antics matched to modern things (cell phones, GPS, etc) for today's audience.

Be sure to get the Looney Tunes Episode Guide paperback book for searching the classics:

Looney Tunes Golden Collection (Sealed New) $42.96 Shipped Ebay :shock:
The original is the best! Found the entire Golden Collection DVD set in one sweet package at a great price at less then ten bucks a volume! I have been holding off on this due the the high price sold separate and the storage bulk of all the editions. The complete collection (only half of total Looney Tunes Classics released to home video) are all in regular sized cases saving on shelf space. So many great cartoons including Rabbit Seasoning, Wabbit Twouble (with older fat Elmer), Duck Dodgers, Foghorn Leghorn, One Froggy Evening (anyone remember that one?), Robin Hood Daffy and Hare Trigger.

Wiki wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Golden_Collection
The Golden Collection series was launched in the aftermath of the success of the Walt Disney Treasures series that itself collected archived Disney material. These collections were made possible after the merger of Time Warner (which owned the color cartoons released from August 1, 1948 onward as well as the black-and-white Looney Tunes, the post-Harman/Ising black-and-white Merrie Melodies and Turner Broadcasting System (which owned the color cartoons released prior to August 1, 1948

The DVDs also feature several special features including interviews/documentaries of the people behind the cartoons such as Friz Freleng, Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, Robert McKimson, Chuck Jones, musical conductor Carl Stalling, and voice-artist Mel Blanc, pencil tests, and audio commentaries by animation historians Jerry Beck, Michael Barrier, and Greg Ford, as well as current animators Paul Dini, Eric Goldberg, and John Kricfalusi and voice actors Stan Freberg and June Foray.
Erik_Twice wrote:The Looney Tunes Golden collection and its Blue-Ray successor, the Platinum collection are the gold standard for public cartoon releases. All the included shorts are of high quality, have been remastered with care (No ghosting, digital destruction or colour loss) and include a massive amount of additional content like documentaries and commentary by animators and historians. They are some of the best purchases I ever made.

The only censorship issue is that some of the WWII shorts were not included in the European release. So, for example, the amazing Plane Daffy is not included in the DVDs I own. This was the distributor's doing as their removal is in direct contradicion with the stated goals of the release. The only notable cartoon not included in these releases is Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs which is of not interest to children.

On the other hand, Disney releases are still heavily censored. Cigar removal is, indeed, a common problem (Saludos Amigos, older releases of The Three Caballeros, Mike Mine Music, etc.) as is the removal of stereotypical depictions on several shorts (Fantasia, The Three Little Pigs). Picture quality is also not up there and Toot, Whistle and Plunk suffers heavily from incorrect digital colouring. They are, quite simply, directed to a non-caring mainstream audience, with all the issues that entails. Other than that, the biggest problem is that they are grouped by character and you are bound to end up with a lot of junk.

The Tom & Jerry DVD sets were pretty good, IIRC. They are not as great as the Warner sets but they are well-done, with few issues. The Woody Woodpecker Region 1/Uk versions are good, despite the overly bright colors. They are a bare bones release but all the good shorts are in there. Tex Avery cartoons have no decent release on any medium. The French DVD set has massive digital destruction issues and is heavily censored.

So, if you want some cartoons, I would buy the WB Gold/Platinum releases.

Hey Arnold - $19.99 Walmart

A thicker case compared to other Nickelodeon sets I bought above. Say, is Family Guy Stewie Griffin related to Arnold? The main thing I remember about the Arnold cartoon is that funny guy with the language accent that always wanted everyone to "Make me a sandwich". :lol:

The Wild Thornberries - $19.99 Walmart

Also a thicker case, the talking monkey and girl that can talk to all the wildlife.

Though not near as funny as other sets I own such as Family Guy or gross factor of Ren & Stimpy; today's quick "allowed pickup" direct from the shelf to the cash register. Really a great price for some more classic Nickelodeon nostalgia. :mrgreen:

darsparx wrote:Seems to me if they realized these toons were so popular they would've revamped nicktoons into the splat instead. And I would've been okay with that considering the the amount of time I spent between these shows and the semi-original lineup of boomerang/toon disney before both were ruined for me.

Had a similar shock when Cartoon Network ruined Teen Titans. The deformed cute mode just does not work.

Ren and Stimpy Show Uncut - The First and Second Season
The first seasons of Ren & Stimpy are reputed as the best. I had this set for a few years now, funny grossness! The remaining three seasons reviewed as toned down, should get them anyways to complete the series?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/12712/ren-and-stimpy-show-uncut-the-first-and-second-season-the/

There's The Simpsons. Then South Park. Some sing the praises of King of the Hill (or its corrupt cousin, Beavis and Butthead), while others go goofy for Family Guy. Yet when the list of classic animated series is compiled, it seems like The Ren and Stimpy Show no longer gets the rousing respect it once owned outright. During it's heyday, it was heralded and hated, praised as genius and degraded as trash. Now, it's just a semi-affectionate memory, a missive that seemed to never quite live up to its potential. Thankfully, Kricfalusi is back on board trying to salvage Ren and Stimpy's reputation. The Ren and Stimpy Show Uncut – The First and Second Season goes a long way in rebuilding the cartoon's importance and status. While it's far from perfect, and we may never see the show the way is was intended, the 32 episodes here truly represent a singular vision of animated bedlam – the warped imagination of a genuinely gifted and goofy guy making cartoons his way. All glorious grotesqueness and supersonic surreality aside, The Ren and Stimpy Show is perhaps the best example of unhinged pen and ink pandemonium ever created.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 85 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ziggy

Re: Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Cartoon Video Collection

Post by Ziggy »

I didn't realize that "complete collections" were available for the 90's Nicktoons. The last I knew of was Amazon exclusive individual seasons, and they were pretty pricey. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to have to get some of these.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Same here. I'm going to have to track down these or at least hope they are on play or itunes. I could use some nostalgia at this point considering that thing on teennick is too late for me to watch and I forget about it half the time.

Seems to me if they realized these toons were so popular they would've revamped nicktoons into the splat instead. And I would've been okay with that considering the the amount of time I spent between these shows and the semi-original lineup of boomerang/toon disney before both were ruined for me.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Looney Tunes - DVD Sets

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ziggy587 wrote:I didn't realize that "complete collections" were available for the 90's Nicktoons. The last I knew of was Amazon exclusive individual seasons, and they were pretty pricey. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to have to get some of these.

Glad to get the word out. Just mixed thoughts on order online for Walmart customer pickup. I am stringent on that self policy for Gamestop to get CIB, now leaning the same for Walmart due to the frustration of picking up the product. :?

I went to Walmart to buy the Hey Arnold and Wild Thornberry DVD Complete Season Sets. I spotted Angry Beavers and Real Monsters that I had bought at Walmart online (still lower price then in the store). Took all four DVD sets to the huge line at Customer Pickup. After very long wait (checkout transaction time worse then Gamestop!), was told I could not pull the same titles from the shelf and had to wait for the order to arrive next week! The same exact bar codes and the Manager could not even authorize; this shows when a company is way too big to fix an easy customer service solution. Throw in the Pickup desk opens later then the store opening adding to the long line. Sigh, I will have to come back next week to wait in the cattle trough again. :roll:
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Great thread! I definitely want to pick some of these up on the cheap sometime.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Looney Tunes

Post by Jagosaurus »

I dig this! I was just telling some friends I want my son (& kiddo #2 on the way) to grow up watching Doug, Hey Arnold, & Ah Real Monsters.

I need to look up Doug DVD sets. I know eventually ABC/Disney picked it up so doubt there's a comprehensive set.

I personally really enjoyed Rocko, Ren & Stimpy, and Beavis & Butthead also but I didn't truly appreciate their genius until I was older.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Nickelodeon - Cartoon Network - Looney Tunes - DVD Sets

Post by darsparx »

See and for all the hate the disney-ifed version gets for Doug it's not that bad. I actually enjoy both but see them as two separate shows.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

When I was a kid, I watched about 30 seconds of "new" Doug. I heard Doug's voice and thought, "THAT'S NOT DOUG!" I never watched it again.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Well and Disney doug is supposed to take place when they've grown up a little and is supposed to be completly different. Yes it's very different than NIck doug but it's honestly still good
My gameroom

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Family Guy Season 14 DVD is out - Family Guy is now in Season 15
I thought Family Guy was in syndication of reruns and found out new episodes are still being shown! In the OP, I mentioned my frustration how the over the top hilarious Family Guy was bumped to Late Night with the less entertaining American Dad and Cleveland Show episodes taking prime time. In the newer Family Guy Episodes, I noticed Cleveland Brown is back with the gang at the Drunken Clam bar!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cleveland_Show

On April 17, 2013, Fox dismissed increasing rumors that The Cleveland Show had been cancelled, reporting rather that renewal of the series was undetermined as of that time. However, on May 13, in the NY Daily News, Fox Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly confirmed its cancellation. Following the series cancellation, it was confirmed that Cleveland and the Brown family would be moving back to Quahog to rejoin the Family Guy cast.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Guy

Family Guy premiered in Australia on April 9, 1999, on the Seven Network, in 2000 on Fox8, and on 7mate on September 27, 2010. In Canada, the series started airing January 31, 1999 on Global and September 1, 2003 on Teletoon. The show aired on Global until 2015. Beginning in the 2015–16 season, it started to air on City instead. In the past the show was also syndicated on TVtropolis (now DTour) and on Adult Swim from July 4, 2012. The show also airs in India on Star World Premiere,[205] in Ireland on 3e, and in New Zealand on Four.

In the United Kingdom, Family Guy premiered in September 1999, originally on Channel 4 and Sky One. In January 2005, FX (now Fox) began broadcasting the show. From October 2005, BBC Two started screening Family Guy before switching to BBC Three on September 2006. In March 2015, it was announced that season 14 of Family Guy and all of MacFarlane's other cartoons will transfer to ITV2, premiering on February 29, 2016, while the BBC would continue to hold the rights until 2017 for older episodes

Older releases of Family Guy had exclusives thru Target so naturally my first check. Disappointed just a standard release at the store selling at $23.99. A surprise that Target Online has an Internet price at $14.99, but no stores had a local pickup option due to low stock.

I went back to the store, took the DVD with outer sleeve to Customer Service who honored (unlike Walmart) their online price! :mrgreen:

Family Guy Season Fourteen - $14.99 Target Free Pickup or Online Target Price Match
http://www.target.com/p/family-guy-season-14-dvd/-/A-51711449

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.