Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: What were your or was the most common toys of the 80's

by Betagam7 Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Masters of the Universe.

No other toy line even came close, except for maybe Transformers but only because of the awesome job that Simon Furman did creating the UK comics continuity.

But seriously, He-Man had everything. I would not leave the house until I'd seen it after school and I'd also record it on VCR and make my Dad watch it with me again when he got home from work!

Although I didn't like the toys, I've a soft spot for Thundercats as I can recall watching the pilot with my Dad on the day he came home from hospital after an injury he suffered at work. The toys were too big and ugly though.

Although I had no idea who they were at the time I also had Rowdy Roddy Piper and Junkyard dog thumb wrestler figures that got an insane amount of playtime.

I also had those Sectaur things which seemt to have been the most commonly had toy that nobody remembers anymore.

Also had all of the A-Team figures and the awful generic bad guy line they released!

http://www.planetforce.com/ATEAMLARGE.JPG

They were horribly generic and had the terrifying team name of "the bad guys".
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 pm

I never much cared for Transformers, even to this day. I had a few Transformers toys regardless back in the 80s. The only one I cared about was:

Trying to remember some more 80s toys I liked:

Yes I had the full Voltron set. It was fuckin' rad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDALxV4yDZ8

I had some G-Force toys, can't find a commercial for those.

Was a fan of the REAL Ghostbusters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVhVF2zR6mE

Worlds of Wonder Laser Tag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdvJtFDjPN0

I had a water gun themed after the 80s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, but I can't find a picture of it let alone a commercial. :(

My all time favorite 80s toy, is not so much a toy, as it is a board game. But I still have it, and yes, I still play it from time to time:

DARK TOWER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HVCwPp7j0
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:43 pm

You need some album covers in that room somewhere! Or some posters from that time.

Something like this screams 80's!

2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:47 pm

G-Force also went by Battle of the Planets, try looking it up under that.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:10 am

I saw a kid playing with a modern day version of Grimlock the other day. Not only was it about 3 feet tall but to transform it you literally just yank a lever and the whole thing transforms itself.

Kids today. SMH.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:02 am

Serioiusly :lol: the fun in transformers when I was little was trying to figure out how to transform them(and usually failing miserably multiple times) I loved playing with the ones I had(though one of them is missing a piece or two :cry:). I think they were really the only action figures I owned thinking about it though. I think I even had one somwhere where it was a helicopter with a trigger than made the blades spin and had a slot for two "missles" to be shot out. If you're looking for something 80's that has to be it right there...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 pm

I agree it is fun to manually transform them, but I think auto-transforming Transformers toys also sounds really cool. I saw a video and it seems pretty ok to me!
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm

I always thought the vehicle form looked so much better than the robot form in the transformers
Right now I'm thinking
Optimus which I got
Bumble bee
Soundwave
Astro train
Starscream

Thundercats
Lion o
Mummra

Gi joes
I need help on this one but just want a couple

He man
He man
Skelator
Man at arms
Trap jaw
Beast man
Stratos

Cops
A couple of those

Ljn
Andre
Big john studd
Iron sheik
Randy savage

Voltron
I want the full lion set but tanooki was right I'll get the two small versions
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm

So I'm going to throw out there if anybody wants to make a donation to stop my room anything 80s retro by all means do not hesitate whatsoever. I know it's a crazy thought but I've seen stranger things. I will appreciate anything that you guys donate. I can call it the 80's Racketboy room
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Sounds like a solid plan. I'm sure you can rack up a few freebies from people who may have some left overs.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever